• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aircraft tyres

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aircraft tyres

Do they have air in them, or are they solid, like the kind you get on kids scooters?
    Call the cops

Originally posted by freakydancer
    Do they have air in them, or are they solid, like the kind you get on kids scooters?
    They're inflated. Not sure if it's air or just nitrogen. Do a Google you lazy bastid!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
      They're inflated. Not sure if it's air or just nitrogen. Do a Google you lazy bastid!
      Why use google when we've got geeks on here who can answer tulip like this?
      Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by freakydancer
        Why use google when we've got geeks on here who can answer tulip like this?
        Is that another question?

Comment

Link

Comment

Come to think of it, if they're inflated surely they would explode at high altitude due to the enormous pressure difference. Or are they deflated in flight and reflated before landing. Or are they so strong they don't explode.

Comment

Is that another question?
              Yes.
              Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by Barriebazg
                anorak alert!!

Comment

They're inflated with nitrogen. I know because I used to do it in a previous life.
                  But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon
                    They're inflated with nitrogen. I know because I used to do it in a previous life.
                    You used to inflate yourself with nitrogen. I've heard of strange ways to get kicks but

Comment

Working...
                    X