• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What was the first flat...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, just had to check it out: the buildings on Gozo are the oldest structures known, the buildings have slate tiles, the slates would constitute the oldest manufactured flat surfaces. (Unless someone has an older example)

HTH

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
      Yes, just had to check it out: the buildings on Gozo are the oldest structures known, the buildings have slate tiles, the slates would constitute the oldest manufactured flat surfaces. (Unless someone has an older example)

HTH

Was the slate just split or did they process it in other ways? Grinding?

Comment

"Lying in bed at 18:00 last night, drinking my third can of scrumpy jack, I had this thought"

My thought would have been along the lines of why am I in bed at 6 pm and why am I dinking this sh1t.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

HTH

Is a slate manufactured?
          God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Originally posted by Euro-commuter
            Is a slate manufactured?
            Is a diamond manufactured?

Comment

Is a diamond manufactured?

No. Its natural crystal structure is exposed, is all.
              God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

And it's still not bloody flat either.

Comment

So, before we can determine a "manufactured flat surface" we need to define what "manufactured" means...

Comment

So, before we can determine a "manufactured flat surface" we need to define what "manufactured" means...
                    Hence my earlier question regarding the operations performed on the slate...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                      Hence my earlier question regarding the operations performed on the slate...
                      So "splitting" and "grinding" one is a manufacturing process and the other isn't?

Comment

Working...
                      X