• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone contemplating the Contractor Alliance Lark?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Trample the weak, hurdle the dead"

Should that not be "Trample the dead, hurdle the weak" ?

Since the dead will be lying on the floor and be trampled on and the weak will be standing, so hurdle them?

Personally I prefer to drive over everybody in a Hummer at full tilt.

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
      Isn't that the idea behind the PCG 'collaborative freelancing' forum?
      Sort of. I promoted the idea of that forum a while back, partly to see if the Portal would fly in the real world and partly to see how many people would be interested in team-sharing. Like the Portal itself, it needs both better promotion as a concept and a much more sophisticated tool, neither of which were forthcoming. Things may be changing though.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

The GULP IT contractor website I use here is a bit like that. I pay a certain sum per year which gives me a number of bits what ain't open to the world some of which are very good. I quite like getting SMS messages of contracts available, the special website, classified ads, etc. Has been well worth it.
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Contractor Alliance

Good to see some positive feedback on here about the network, thank you

We've priced it at £25 so it doesn't cost contractors an arm and a leg to try out. Also if you take up any offers (insurance/contract reviews/BUPA etc), you'll more than get your money back.

The idea is to help contractors find co-workers and also introductions to clients via other members. One new member has said he's treading carefully regarding opening up his contact books, but we have designed the network so you have full control - what and which clients you list, those you'll accept any requests for referrals for (and those you won't). Ultimately you choose which CVs you forward on too. So you become a valuable resource for your client - and you can negotiate finder's fees with them to make it worth your while; and you stand to win more business through introductions other members offer you.

We do monitor the network to check it is not being abused by anyone joining who isn't a contractor, we've also set an initial limit on message numbers to prevent spamming and there is a spam alert so members can contact us.

I'm sure there is lots we can do improve, so we appreciate your feedback.

Comment

I think you should go out with at least one more 'boomed' post.

Wrong thread !

Comment

Working...
            X