• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK's Response to Iran: Discuss

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barriebazg
    I find that statement a bit harsh. Unfair to call them a "bunch of pussies for been(being) captured in the first place". Its called ROE (Rules Of Engagement) if the sailors that were captured did not adhere to these ROE's then they leave themselves open for disicplinary action (discharge from the services and possible jail sentence). As well as that, the political implications of the fighting with the Iranians would be huge.

So think before posting something like, I can tell you have never served your country.
    So they had their ROE and I would be very surprised if being detained by force is not cause for engagement
    They were (and still are ) adamant that they were in International waters and had a mandate from the UN to conduct their operations
    They had a fecking great frigate with them that must have radar and seen the Iranian gunboats moving in

Yet no one did nothing...like I said pussies

- you sure that under today's RoEs they don't have to conduct a Heath & Safety assessment prior to taking any action?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
      I'm sure we can trick the yanks into giving us the codes, or we could just hot wire them.

<topsecret> it's g3orge.bu5h69 </topsecret>

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
        So they had their ROE and I would be very surprised if being detained by force is not cause for engagement
        They were (and still are ) adamant that they were in International waters and had a mandate from the UN to conduct their operations
        They had a fecking great frigate with them that must have radar and seen the Iranian gunboats moving in

Yet no one did nothing...like I said pussies

- you sure that under today's RoEs they don't have to conduct a Heath & Safety assessment prior to taking any action?

Have you ever served in the forces?? Ever actually had to adhere to ROE's?? I guess probably not judging from your posts. Do you think that they actually wanted to be detained?? No I very much doubt it. There ROE's would probably state that NO lethal force is allowed. Keep calling them "pussies" as much as you like, you have no clue what your talking about. If in your opinion they are "pussies" then fine, everyone is entitled to there opinion, but I would like to see you go over there and do there job then you would really see how much of a "pussy" you are.

Barrie

Comment

Originally posted by Barriebazg
          Have you ever served in the forces?? Ever actually had to adhere to ROE's?? I guess probably not judging from your posts. Do you think that they actually wanted to be detained?? No I very much doubt it. There ROE's would probably state that NO lethal force is allowed. Keep calling them "pussies" as much as you like, you have no clue what your talking about. If in your opinion they are "pussies" then fine, everyone is entitled to there opinion, but I would like to see you go over there and do there job then you would really see how much of a "pussie" you are.

Barrie
          Pussies = giving up without a fight - what is the point of being a soldier if you are not prepared to fight?
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

A couple of pale, skinny IT contractors using modified Playstation controllers to guide nukes into "ragheads" and all the worlds troubles would be over.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
              Pussies = giving up without a fight - what is the point of being a soldier if you are not prepared to fight?

Ha ha, you make me laugh. You would last all of 5mins out in the Middle East with that attitude. For fear of repeating myself - ROE's!!! You have no clue what they are so just leave it at that. Your just so narrow minded its unbelieveable.

Comment

Another poster from the East Midlands (Mountsorrel)

The British government has a BIG problem over this situation - *if* they consider an air strike – then where / what do they bomb? A snatch raid may well end up killing more solders with the chance of all the 15 being rescued is not high – of course a snatch raid is dependent of knowing exactly where the solders are being held. I would suggest that the Iranians will now have split them up to prevent a snatch.

We could go out and capture some Iran solders our self to use as bargaining chips – but this is also high risk.

Therefore I think that the diplomacy route is the best – I suggest that a small “bung” is made to secure the release of the solders with out ether side losing face.

Once the solders are returned we should then bomb the cr@p out of the nuke enrichment facilities as punishment.
                Last edited by wxman; 28 March 2007, 09:07.
                www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Comment

If found guilty of espionage then the UK soldiers would, under Iranian Law- face the death penalty.

Not that this would bother Blair has he contemplates his lucrative US college circuit tour.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
                    Let's have a (serious) discussion for once.
                    Ah the irony of that statement ...
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

from the BBC forum

"Iran will enter a "different phase" if diplomatic moves fail. does that mean we are going to threaten them with a on the spot fine?"
                      www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Comment

Working...
                      X