• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone on here ever fallen down a manhole ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone on here ever fallen down a manhole ?

I havn't

but years ago I worked for the GPO (now BT) and my gaffer used to set up one of those red and white striped little tent.

He placed it with a gap of about an inch between the tent and the edge of the hole so he could look up and see the sky.

My job was to sit on the wall and cough when a female with a short skirt approached.
    So ladies if you ever see a stripey tent with the pedestrian barriers set so that you have walk right next to itm make sure you keep all yer options covered.

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist
    red and white striped little tent
    I once shagged a girl in one of those that had been left up over night. Also had one in one of those grey workmens huts with orange roofs.

Happy days.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I fell into a buffalo pit on a trek in Nepal once, completely pi55ed on Kukri Rum. I was wading in buff excrement up to my waist. To no-one’s surprise I went down with all kinds of ailments and spent a week in Kathmandu on dodgy antibiotics. What a wasted trip…
      "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Swamp Thing
        I fell into a buffalo pit on a trek in Nepal once, completely pi55ed on Kukri Rum. I was wading in buff excrement up to my waist. To no-one’s surprise I went down with all kinds of ailments and spent a week in Kathmandu on dodgy antibiotics. What a wasted trip…

Thats the biggest load of bullsh!t I have ever heard of.

Nepal or China - my next destination of choice. Did you ever get to see the wall Swampy ?

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I highly recommend both Nepal & China.

The wall is very impressive (built by slaves ). There is a non-touristy spot that is easliy accessible from Beijing. I forget the name of the place, but the Lonely Planet mentions it.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist
            Thats the biggest load of bullsh!t I have ever heard of.

Nepal or China - my next destination of choice. Did you ever get to see the wall Swampy ?
            Unfortunately no, it was just Nepal (the Annapurna Circuit). Oh, forgot to add that on the way home we got marooned in monsoon/disease-infested Dakar while the rear engine on the DC-10 got ‘rebuilt’. I was poo-ing black water and burping sulphur by then. Christ, a trip I’d like to forget…
            "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

I haven't. If I have any doubts at all, I strap a plank across my @rse.
              Boom boom boom boom
              A-haw haw haw haw
              Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
              Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

The only time you'll see one of those red and white tents nowadays is when it's the government trying to be inconspicuous.

Real workmen don't give a toss where they put their holes thesedays, the roads and pavements are already full of them.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by Swamp Thing
                  Unfortunately no, it was just Nepal (the Annapurna Circuit). Oh, forgot to add that on the way home we got marooned in monsoon/disease-infested Dakar while the rear engine on the DC-10 got ‘rebuilt’. I was poo-ing black water and burping sulphur by then. Christ, a trip I’d like to forget…
                  I did the Everest Base Camp trek many moons ago, well worth doing but get fit and take your time going up or you'll suffer. Most of our group went up too quickly and paid for it, my mate was peeing blood for a week ! I think there have been problems with maoist rebels in recent years.

Comment

Your mate now pees maoist rebels?

Comment

Working...
                    X