• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ball Park Figure please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pickle

You generally gets what ya pay for.
    Yeah with car insurance, the more you pay the worse the company
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Pickle - How did you choose your car insurance?

Price was one of the factors, but I assumed (wrongly as it turned out) that by being fully comp with one of the big players would be better than being fully comp with some little tin pot company. My gripe now has moved on from losing all my kit. My gripe is now with the garage THEY picked. I was faced with a no win situation. I could either let them do the repair at THEIR garage or I could get it done at home by one of my choosing. Had I picked the 2nd option and the car was stolen, then my insurance company would not have covered me for its loss. So they pick a garage and the garage keep my car at the back of the queue and fix it when they can get around to it.

If I ran an insurance comapny I would make the garages tender for any work, based on the fact that they will be getting a certain volume of work from me. I would make part of the tender process a SLA based on the severity of the damage concerned. At the moment I'm paying per day to hire a car simply because some scrote decided to pick my car to break into and the garage have only said that it 'should' be ready next Thursday.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

[QUOTE=TonyEnglish]Pickle - How did you choose your car insurance? QUOTE]

I dont have car (I live in central london). But i might one day - hence the question.

hth

Comment

On Friday morning, still pissed off that I had to be down south to work (usually work from home on a friday) I managed to plonk my fat @rse on my galsses. Snap goes a £300 pair of glasses.

Took them down to vision express who fixed them for me for nowt - paid the insurance when I bought them.

Drove the 'bus' home - that was rubbish. I got a 2007 Zafera (sp?) hire car and I'd much rather than my 2001 Mondeo!

Called the home insurance lot and it looks like I'm covered. I suspect I'll get back like for like, which means the laptop I get will be as crap as my old one was - It was good in it's day, but it's day was 2 years ago!

Glad this week is over. Who knows, next week maybe the house will burn down!
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Once worked with a contractor who in a period of six weeks, lost his camera and glasses, had his house broken into twice (the second time they took his TV away in his OWN car) and had is agency go bust owing 2 months invoices.

Remained remarkably cheerful though given the circumstances.

Comment

Bloody hell! I consider myself quite lucky then!

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
              X