• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Colonic Irrigation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny
    I had one a few months back. I found it a soothing experience, but I do eat healthily so the poo and gas came out easily and it wasn't at all painful. The worst thing for me was the tube bursting open at the start of the session when the water was being flushed through me, wetting the bed and having to have it reassembled. Luckily I wasn't expelling waste matter at that point. Therefore, I spent the entire session thinking I was going to poo all over the bed as it was being flushed out as I was never really convinced it was going to just go through the tube. Also, the practitioner had really long artificial fingernails, so when she was giving me reflexology during the session, her nails dug into my feet quite painfully, and during the stomach massage too. The other thing I wasn't overly keen on was leaking out on the way home. Only a bit, luckily, but enough to make me worried about embarassing leakage in a public place. Although you sit on the loo and allow your body to leak out the excess water at the end of the session in the clinic there is still some left in you that drips down when you start moving around.

I would go again but probably with some other clinic much closer to home and preferably carried out by someone with short fingernails.

Ah thats classic
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities
      Well lets face it, one cannot expect normal bowel movements when one's diet consists almost exclusively of hotdog toasties... Hardly a great deal of roughage in one of those - granary bread might help I suppose...

Hhot dogs have all sorts of things in them - bones and eyes are probably a good source of fibre!
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Colonic Irrigation: a quack remedy and new age bollocks?

http://www.ebm-first.com/?cat=12
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
          Like really bad fart pains
          fart pains? WTF???
          Call the cops

Comment

I had one a few months back. I found it a soothing experience, but I do eat healthily so the poo and gas came out easily and it wasn't at all painful. The worst thing for me was the tube bursting open at the start of the session when the water was being flushed through me, wetting the bed and having to have it reassembled. Luckily I wasn't expelling waste matter at that point. Therefore, I spent the entire session thinking I was going to poo all over the bed as it was being flushed out as I was never really convinced it was going to just go through the tube. Also, the practitioner had really long artificial fingernails, so when she was giving me reflexology during the session, her nails dug into my feet quite painfully, and during the stomach massage too. The other thing I wasn't overly keen on was leaking out on the way home. Only a bit, luckily, but enough to make me worried about embarassing leakage in a public place. Although you sit on the loo and allow your body to leak out the excess water at the end of the session in the clinic there is still some left in you that drips down when you start moving around.

I would go again but probably with some other clinic much closer to home and preferably carried out by someone with short fingernails.

I'm going to remove you from my ignore list Denny - what a great post...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru

It's not new at all. Although it's now considered a fashionable toxin removing treatment, privately given at alternative medicine clinics, the practice of colonic irrigation has been a around for a lot longer. It used to be practiced by ordinary GP clinics during the war and the practice of colonic flushing goes back much longer than that.

Comment

Exactly, the pactice of deviants and harlots!! (C'mon Chico, help me out here)

Medicine, my arse. Oh, wait . . . .
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

You are at last earning some respect from your fellow contractors, though I am not sure that this will go down well with my lunch
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

It's not new at all. Although it's now considered a fashionable toxin removing treatment, privately given at alternative medicine clinics, the practice of colonic irrigation has been a around for a lot longer. It used to be practiced by ordinary GP clinics during the war and the practice of colonic flushing goes back much longer than that.
                    Aye. Foolishness is not a modern thing.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Aye. Foolishness is not a modern thing.
                      So speaks the expert.

Comment

Working...
                      X