• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Colonic Irrigation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyAnne
    That sounds reasonable enough. I paid £65. It lasted about an hour and a half I think.
    What? All you need is a stirrup pump, a bucket of water and some Fairy Liquid and then
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt
      What? All you need is a stirrup pump, a bucket of water and some Fairy Liquid and then

Did anyone watch the Green Wing when Dr Statham did it to himself with a tube and a cafetierre of coffee?
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

I read an interview with a colonic irrigation practitioner who said she refused to do it on men.... "too many things dangling in the way"

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
          I read an interview with a colonic irrigation practitioner who said she refused to do it on men.... "too many things dangling in the way"

What, like piles?
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

What, like piles?
            7.5 hours per day sitting at a desk

Comment

Colonic Irrigation - no proof at all that it is beneficial in any way. It may even be harmful if it flushes out necessary bacteria in the gut. Just eat lots of fruit and veg - much better in the long run.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

I dont know how to reply to this email in a lady-like fashion, so feck it, I'm just going to tell it how it is.

I had one last year.
                Why does that not suprise me?

Comment

Originally posted by Diestl
                  Why does that not suprise me?
                  Well lets face it, one cannot expect normal bowel movements when one's diet consists almost exclusively of hotdog toasties... Hardly a great deal of roughage in one of those - granary bread might help I suppose...
                  The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

I had one a few months back. I found it a soothing experience, but I do eat healthily so the poo and gas came out easily and it wasn't at all painful. The worst thing for me was the tube bursting open at the start of the session when the water was being flushed through me, wetting the bed and having to have it reassembled. Luckily I wasn't expelling waste matter at that point. Therefore, I spent the entire session thinking I was going to poo all over the bed as it was being flushed out as I was never really convinced it was going to just go through the tube. Also, the practitioner had really long artificial fingernails, so when she was giving me reflexology during the session, her nails dug into my feet quite painfully, and during the stomach massage too. The other thing I wasn't overly keen on was leaking out on the way home. Only a bit, luckily, but enough to make me worried about embarassing leakage in a public place. Although you sit on the loo and allow your body to leak out the excess water at the end of the session in the clinic there is still some left in you that drips down when you start moving around.

I would go again but probably with some other clinic much closer to home and preferably carried out by someone with short fingernails.
                    Last edited by Denny; 22 March 2007, 11:54.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                      Colonic Irrigation - no proof at all that it is beneficial in any way. It may even be harmful if it flushes out necessary bacteria in the gut. Just eat lots of fruit and veg - much better in the long run.
                      That's true if it is done too often. But regular two monthly sessions are only advised for the first 2-3 sessions to get rid of toxins that have lived in your colon for years on end. After that twice a year maximum.

Comment

Working...
                      X