• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well said Jeff Randall

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheOmegaMan
    Just how important is sales and marketing ? Therein lies your confusion. In an efficient highly competitive market goods are sold based on utility. Sales and marketing emphasise that utility and bring it to the consumers attention.

However in a capitalist dictatorship sales and marketing become the market. Goods have little utility on their own, but sales and marketing brainwash people into believing they provide utility. Traditional values like hard work, creativity, honesty and integrity are abandoned; it is all smoke and mirrors and exploitation and manipulation. This is world in which we live in.

DA is just one cockroach that feeds on this distortion. Deep down he knows it is a lie and so he feels compelled to defend it. But he is swimming in a sea of his own excrement, and singing "Come on, jump in and enjoy the warmth".
    Number of points here:

capitalism is not a dictatorship per se. Capitalism is about individual freedom, freedom of choice and acceptance of personal responsibility. Capitalism becomes a dictatorship when monopolies arise thus stripping consumers of the ability to choose

Point 2. You yourself are the epitome of sthe success of capitalism. You market your skills to the highest bidder which puts you into the top 1% of eraners in the world. You are free to take your skills to who you want at whatever price you can get. Not only that you are also part of the nasty side of capitalism in that you pay less tax than ordinary PAYE people and you take no responsibility for the work that you do. Your hypocrisy is breathtaking.

As for brainwashing, despite not being priviliged enough to have a degree I feel that I am smart enough to buy goods and services without feeling as if I am being brainwashed, and I would imagine that you would consider yourself to also be suitably intelligent to deal with such hype. Unlike you I am also prepared to credit most of my other fellow human beings with similar common sense. What bugs me as those who are not able to get through life as competently as we do are usually the products of the state education system.

For you information goods and services are indeed bought according to their usefulness. What you clearly do not understand ids that different people have different and conflicting views of what is useful. So what is the ideal product for you is not the ideal product/service for everyone else (sorry to not agree that you, your highness, knows what is best for everyone.)
    The beaty of the capitalist system is that it allows for multiple supply and multiple choice. The challenge that we face is how do we give people choice without ignoring those who cannot afford choice without creating inefficient and self serving monopolies like the NHS?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy
      DA,
      you do know she is now blubbing in the "powder room", and her mascara is ruined?
      I hope you are pleased with yourself!

Do I go for the jugulars?
      Last edited by DodgyAgent; 19 March 2007, 15:28.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
        'powder room' means bogs dodgy. You cant go in there

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

What have you got to lose? Sounds like Denny has had a bad experience with an agent somewhere in the past. Who hasn't though eh?
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

So I see DA that I am conversing with a barrow boy from the School of Shaunbhoy. So be it. Your points are so riddled with holes that I hardly know where to begin.

I can tell you don't have a degree - you really need to get some basic education. Let me just dismiss your point 2 because it is just so easy for me. Contractors do earn more and pay less tax, that is true. But they take on risk my little man and we are highly skilled - at least I am - I have four more degree than you do. We also have fewer perks, no bonus, no sick pay etc.

And unemployment risk is worth money. We take the risks so you can shovel the sh*t, my little, little man.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOmegaMan
              So I see DA that I am conversing with a barrow boy from the School of Shaunbhoy. So be it. Your points are so riddled with holes that I hardly know where to begin.

I can tell you don't have a degree - you really need to get some basic education. Let me just dismiss your point 2 because it is just so easy for me. Contractors do earn more and pay less tax, that is true. But they take on risk my little man and we are highly skilled - at least I am - I have four more degree than you do. We also have fewer perks, no bonus, no sick pay etc.

And unemployment risk is worth money. We take the risks so you can shovel the sh*t, my little, little man.
              you can justify your existence as much as you like and indeed I would not disagree with what you say, (though the pomp and arrogance of how you say it gives you away as an elitist snob) but you are still a member of an elite and priviliged group in society. You are hardly therefore in a position to moan and whine about capitalist culture when your own fat pampered arse is fed with riches and privilege right up to the makers label.

You can pretend to sound superior and talk down to me as much as you like, but you would look a lot less ridiculous if you proved your superior intellect and standing, by actually telling us why you are in a position to criticise capitalism and greed.
              Last edited by DodgyAgent; 19 March 2007, 21:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                I agree.

First I thought you were being stupid.

Now I know, thanks to you, that you are being 'seriously' stupid.
                Please explain why.

Comment

Please explain why.
                  I can't be arsed.

Comment

I can't be arsed.
                    intellectually beyond you ?

Comment

I can't be arsed.
                      Are you about to do a "Sally Anne"?
                      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                      X