• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

1000 new carriages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1000 new carriages

I understand some New Liebor flunky has promised 1000 extra carriages to reduce overcrowding on trains.

Sorry, but New Liebor flunky is, by definition I guess, talking out his ar5e.

You can't make the trains longer without rejigging the signalling system.

Sorting out the signalling is one of the things Rail Track has been knocked back on so many times it's like watching a kid bouncing a ball.

Anyways, isn't there lots and lots of rolling stock stood idle all over the country, for instance there's all that stuff left over from when Virgin brought in its new trains?

I call bull5hit on this whole 1000 new carriages thing, it ain't ever going to happen.

Remember you read it here first.

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

From the news Isaw it will happen by 2014.

However, the 1000 carriages constitutes 10% increase in capacity.
    The use of these trains is predicted to rise by 10% per annum.

It was discussed on a TV prog called "are we there yet".
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Why is liebor trying to score points off this. The railway is a privatised network and it should be the private companies of the railways announcing they are increasing there rolling stock.

Comment

To use the anti-road lobby arguement, there's no point in expanding the rail network as it will just encourage more people to use it.

Comment

Having been a worker on the Railway, the other problem is the length of platforms.

Most stations can accomodate a 8 unit train. Any longer, then its a long drop down.
          Do you think people who pack the confectionary into boxes at fudge making factories tell people what they do for a living?

Comment

Working...
          X