• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Nazis. Nasty fellas or a little misunderstood?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill
    Allo, Allo!

Someone's lost the plot!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh. **** I must learn not to skim read.
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Novice Contractor
      BTW, I am not a pacifist I served 13 years in the RAF
      So not that far off being a pacifist then, to all intents and purposes?
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by hattra
        Hiroshima & Nagasaki probably saved more lives, by forcing the Japanese capitulation, than they destroyed
        Wow these nukes sound great.
        All that is necessary for evil members to succeed is that good members post nothing

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
          Sure London was bombed, but let's be honest here - Allies were bombing many more civilian targets in Germany.
          Oh, well, it'll be all right to bomb London then.
          God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Originally posted by hattra
            Hiroshima & Nagasaki probably saved more lives, by forcing the Japanese capitulation, than they destroyed
            I could never work out why there was & still is so much negative comment about dropping the Atomic bombs on Japan.

I agree that the lives saved justified their use, but comparable numbers of civillians were killed in the firestorm bombings of Tokyo - if you are dead does it matter which type of weapon was used?

I just can't see where the moral indignation about Hiroshima & Nagasaki comes from
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Quote:

Germany may remove Hitler's citizenship
              BRAUNSCHWEIG, Germany, March 12 (UPI) -- Several German officials have proposed that Nazi leader Adolf Hitler be stripped of his national citizenship for his infamous actions.

Parliamentary members from Braunschweig proposed the move to help distance the city from the Nazi leader, as the German city originally aided Hitler in obtaining national citizenship, the Times of London said.

By tabbing Hitler as a civil servant on Feb. 26, 1932, Braunschweig officially made the Austrian national a German citizen.

Germany may remove Hitler's citizenship

Just to add fuel to the fire, do they think that removing his German citizenship will make it less of their fault? Are they trying to hide behind this?
              "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                I could never work out why there was & still is so much negative comment about dropping the Atomic bombs on Japan.

I agree that the lives saved justified their use, but comparable numbers of civillians were killed in the firestorm bombings of Tokyo - if you are dead does it matter which type of weapon was used?

I just can't see where the moral indignation about Hiroshima & Nagasaki comes from
                I gues it's because of the radation effects that killed for many years after the bomb, caused terrible suffering, miscarriages, deformations etc. Not really a 'one time' weapon. Leonard Cheshire was a highly decorated Dambuster pilot (won the VC amongst other decorations), who throughout the war probably killed thousands; however flying as an observer on the Atom Bomb missions caused him so much revulsion that he dedicated his life to charitable work thereafter founding the Cheshire Homes

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy
                  So not that far off being a pacifist then, to all intents and purposes?
                  Did you serve YOUR country and put your life on the line smartarse?

Comment

Originally posted by Novice Contractor
                    Did you serve YOUR country and put your life on the line smartarse?
                    A piece of advice (take it or leave it) SB is an ill-educated, potato peeling ex-squaddie with an inferiority complex.

Just ignore him.

Comment

Working...
                    X