• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sensible attitude to drug?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NetwkSupport
    im all for legalization and re-classification of all drugs but am not up for paying tax for people to get free heroin or pay for the mess people will make of themselves doing drugs (including smoking or drinking).

So how about - legalise all drugs, if you get a drug related illness due to being a drug taker then its not freely treated on the NHS, you make your bed you lie in it type of attitude?

I think thats actually a great idea to have a "make your bed, you lie in it" style of NHS.

Druggies, smokers, drinkers, the obeses - you get nowt!
    Car accident victims (they chose to get into the car and pollute our environment after all).
    Anything caused by stress due to work - those selfish bast*rds should have changed jobs long before they needed our tax pound to bail them out.
    Anyone with parkinsons gets feck all, and infact their parents get fined as those morons knew there was a good chance the disease would be hereditory.
    No one gets a penny for aids, or any STD's - ooh them sex people are wierd aren't they?
    Maternity care - I think we have enough children, dont you?
    General old age...we could adopt a Logun's Run style approach there.
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
      I think thats actually a great idea to have a "make your bed, you lie in it" style of NHS.

Car accident victims (they chose to get into the car and pollute our environment after all).
      Anything caused by stress due to work - those selfish bast*rds should have changed jobs long before they needed our tax pound to bail them out.
      Anyone with parkinsons gets feck all, and infact their parents get fined as those morons knew there was a good chance the disease would be hereditory.
      No one gets a penny for aids, or any STD's - ooh them sex people are wierd aren't they?
      Got a bee up your arse mate?
      The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

You forgot any type of sports injury... after all you knew the risks.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities
          Got a bee up your arse mate?

A slight bee

The buzzing is a sexy itch
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Duty on ciggies and booze more than pays for the NHS
            Then why does my family member who works for the NHS say that the primary care trust have no money. Doctors request treatments and the primary care trust refuse to pay for the expensive drugs an operations that people need and have a right to. They have actually told doctors not to prescribe things that could save lives, due to the cost!

Trust me thats just the start of the problem, the primary care trust just about manage to pay the staff every month, let alone provide drugs and treatments that need to be issued.

Comment

Originally posted by NetwkSupport
              Then why does my family member who works for the NHS say that the primary care trust have no money.
              Well there aren't as many smokers anymore because of all their nanny fannying! They cant be making half as much off us good guys as they used to - numbers are dwindling!

Edit: Oh and lets not forget the billions of pounds people like us (the CUK us) have robbed from the NHS
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

lets not forget us contractors with our limited companies avoiding the 40% tax bracket and using dividends hahahahaha

Comment

I can't help thinking that SA's philosophy in life is that everybody is entitled to their own opinion and she will tell them what it is; of course the end result of that would be that everyone would talk complete drivel

Comment

What the hell do they mean by "drug-taking" as though all drugs were all the same? Certainly, evidence suggests that it is possible to take heroin regularly and still lead a normal life and even to kick the habit without help. This is not true of crack cocaine. There are also known mental problems with the likes of cannabis and speed for which the rest of society has to foot the bill.

Simply because we already have problems with alcohol is hardy an argument for creating more problems.

I think, however, it is mostly true that drugs do not so much cause criminality, rather that dependent, inadequate and criminal people use drugs. The pillar of the community who got hooked in a moment of weekness and turned to crime to feed a habit is mostly a myth. How many reformed drug addicts do you see on TV who seem bright and articulate? They would mostly have been nicking cars anyway.

Maybe they should concentrate more on the crimes to feed addiction, small fine for possession, but consider drug addiction an aggravating factor in other crimes and hike up the sentence unless they go into rehab and stick with it.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
                      I can't help thinking that SA's philosophy in life is that everybody is entitled to their own opinion and she will tell them what it is; of course the end result of that would be that everyone would talk complete drivel

I sighed out loud at my desk just then, when I saw your name next to this thread!

Thankfully it was yet another utterly point free post, so I dont feel the need to respond with anything more than this
                      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                      X