• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Certifying Documents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Certifying Documents

If I take a document into a solicitors/bank to get certified do I have to do it or can a relative take it for me.

Need to get this credit card statement certified but dont want to take any time off as I need to finish the mother of all Project Definition Documents (internal client thing...prince2 equivalent is business case)....114 pages so far

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
    If I take a document into a solicitors/bank to get certified do I have to do it or can a relative take it for me.

Need to get this credit card statement certified but dont want to take any time off as I need to finish the mother of all Project Definition Documents (internal client thing...prince2 equivalent is business case)....114 pages so far
    As I understand it they will be certifying that the copy is a true copy of the original, so I don't see that who asks them to make the certification should make any difference.

I have no experience of this though.

Comment

Depends what document you are getting certified. They must certify that it is a true copy of the original and therefore if it is something like a drivers license or passport they might wish to see your ugly mug!!

Comment

Working...
      X