• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Arsing feckedy feck fedge....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arsing feckedy feck fedge....

Grrrr....

At the moment having a barney with Northern Rock the list of what they want for a mortgage is staggering..

6 months original bank accounts (fair enough, been trading 5 months....close enough)

6 months personal accounts (had to order them as I shred all mine and do it online)

2 utility bills! wtf? They wont take the credit card bill as its from the same place as my bank - thats unheard of...people having bank accounts and credit cards with the same bank! I live at home with the folks. They don't want mobile phone bills and anything else is now in the name of the company and I get e-mails with invoices on them.

I should just go out and get some bad credit then they would be jumping to lend money to me...

Anyway vent over....you'd think people would think that maybe FTBs would nto have gas bills in thier name.

Tell 'em to shove their mortgage up their arse and take your custom elsewhere. They might be so shocked that they'll start to be a bit more reasonable.

Comment

Exactly. You don't need a house anyway, not with your mental health. Better a cardboard box and a stick with a spotted hankerchief attached.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Quote:
        2 utility bills! wtf? They wont take the credit card bill as its from the same place as my bank - thats unheard of...people having bank accounts and credit cards with the same bank! I live at home with the folks. They don't want mobile phone bills and anything else is now in the name of the company and I get e-mails with invoices on them.

They want the bills for money laundering. The FSA states that you must provide a proof of address which cannot be a mobile phone bill and an ID. I usually ask for a passport copy and a drivers licence.

Not sure why they need a utility bill. You can use the electoral role as well if you want.
        "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

How things have changed... a couple of years back I got a mortgage from one of the High Street lenders by producing my passport, along with a letter from the company I was doing contract work for specifying that they'd probably give me some more work in the next 6 months.

It seems to have become much more complicated in the last couple of years to perform any kind of account opening - whether mortgage, savings account, credit card, current account...

Comment

I had someone commit ID theft on me a while back (obviously an ugly fecker walking around like me) and this has gone on my credit record. I suppose the only saving grace is that everytime I (or someone else) tries to get additional credit they have to see a passport.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

It is (or at least used to be) quite easy to get BT to change the name on your phone bill. Then use that for the utility part and change it back afterwards.

Comment

Working...
              X