• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Great Global Warming Swindle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Groover, if you really think we have to worry about Global warming (or more precisely Human caused Global warming).

Why is it no climate model based on Co2 emissions accurately predicts current temperatures. The only model to be accurate uses solar activity?
    Last edited by zathras; 5 March 2007, 09:47.

Comment

Originally posted by zathras
      Groover, if you really think we have to worry about Global warming (or more precisely Human caused Global warming).

Why is it <i>no</i> climate model based on Co2 emissions accurately predicts current temperatures. The only model to be accurate uses solar activity?
      Good point.

Has the sun got a knob so we can turn it down a bit?

Comment

...well a giant mirror put into space has been proposed to reflect the sunlight back, but I sort of wonder whether this may cause a positive feedback loop that might blow the sun up.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
          ...well a giant mirror put into space has been proposed to reflect the sunlight back, but I sort of wonder whether this may cause a positive feedback loop that might blow the sun up.
          Why don't we reflect it to Mars instead? That will warm the place up a bit, and make it more welcoming for colonists, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Groover73
            Listen guys, just because someone says it in a TV show, doesnt mean its true

Excellent post, Groover!

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
              I think he's an anti-advancement, anti-development, just anti for the sake of being anti closet pinko.
              I hope this is a joke, what exactly is advanced about the internal combustion engine? currently in its 3rd century!
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I installed A/C recently - its quite expensive and I really hope I haven't wasted my money...

Comment

Relax, enjoy yourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
                    Channel 4 9pm Thurs, I won't be here, but it should make a change from the BBC bs.

Did you know that the word "gullible" isn't the dictionary?
                    Perhaps you should leave the serious thinking to the scientifically literate, eh, luv?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

I think its way to early to close the door on the global warming debate.
                      Yes, the earth is getting warmer but as far as how much has been human influenced... Will have a look at the evidence provided in the programme. I'm not one for tolerating crack pot theorists (see latest 9/11 thread), so I will be watching it with a sceptical eye.

However we are definitely still fecking the environment up in a lot of other way too numerous to mention!
                      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                      X