• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FT: Call to act on flood of foreign IT staff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think of all them Indians over here. A Buy to let dream.

Boomed!

Vote Labour!!!

Comment

I don't think the toerags will reverse the immigration policy if they get in. I think the big outsourcers will be passing over big enough brown enevelopes to both parties, its now got too big of a concern to start kicking people out.

I wrote a letter to my MP in the 90s about opening up IT immigration and why it was a bad idea ie. no locals would be trained anymore ( didn't point out it would effect my stupidly high rate at the time ! ). Got a phone call from the home office and a decent letter from Margaret Hodge reassuring me it would not happen etc etc Within a year they opened the gates ! Next time I'm on the bench I'll try and work up some anger and write a follow up even though it'll go in the bin on arrival and I'll get a preprinted fob off.

Next econominc downturn I think rates will plunge quite nastily !

Comment

'Next econominc downturn I think rates will plunge quite nastily !',

question is when will the downturn be and are we near the top

rates seem to be going higher and higher, how high can they go ?

and at the same time lots of permies are talking about becoming contractors

are we on the edge of a recession, it's been 5 years since the last so it's about time ?

Milan in 'we're all fecked' mode.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
          'Next econominc downturn I think rates will plunge quite nastily !',

rates seem to be going higher and higher, how high can they go ?

and at the same time lots of permies are talking about becoming contractors

are we on the edge of a recession, it's been 5 years since the last so it's about time ?

Milan in 'we're all fecked' mode.
          Last official recession was 91 ( ? or the year either side ).

Comment

that may be the last offical recession, but the last IT recession was just 5 years ago

you think the good times we are enjoying now will continue for the foreseeable future ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
              that may be the last offical recession, but the last IT recession was just 5 years ago

you think the good times we are enjoying now will continue for the foreseeable future ?

Milan.
              !?!?!?!?

FT and Torygraph are pretty gloomy in their comment sections but things seem pretty good at the moment in my little bit of the economy. We would of had another rates boom without the immigration the past few years. I think that the immigration effect will mean rates will come down fast and hard if Co's start cutting back. It'll happen some time but when is anybodys guess, thats when its time for Plan Z, sit at home and take it easy !

Comment

i agree, these are good times too in my little neck of the woods but that's what makes me nervous how long can it continue

still as long as we spend less than we earn we should be ok

Milan.

Comment

When the King of the West
                  Decieved by Vanity and false Gods
                  Storms the Gates of Persia
                  Then the cataclysm as such the world has never been seen will begin
                  And after the battle - The End of Days
                  The King of the West nor the King of Persia - could not be found in the New or the Old Citys
                  Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 26 February 2007, 13:42.

Comment

What is needed is some MP to be convinced to put the complaint to the Parliamentary Ombudsman. This is clearly a case of maladministration. However, finding one will be a problem. No Labour MP will do it. The Conservative are highly unlikely to back it either as they would have been up to the same mischief given half a chance. A Lib Dem MP is a very outside possibility, but an Independent MP is really the only hope.

You can forget my MP, George Galloway though. Although he hates this government with a passion, he hates business people (i.e. us) even more. He actively discriminates against the indigenous members of his constituency in favour of the immigrant members.

Just suppose that we could win and that the government were made to pay compensation to contractors for loss of income over the lean years. It would come to billions!
                    Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Originally posted by Buffoon
                      What is needed is some MP to be convinced to put the complaint to the Parliamentary Ombudsman. This is clearly a case of maladministration. However, finding one will be a problem. No Labour MP will do it. The Conservative are highly unlikely to back it either as they would have been up to the same mischief given half a chance. A Lib Dem MP is a very outside possibility, but an Independent MP is really the only hope.

You can forget my MP, George Galloway though. Although he hates this government with a passion, he hates business people (i.e. us) even more. He actively discriminates against the indigenous members of his constituency in favour of the immigrant members.

Just suppose that we could win and that the government were made to pay compensation to contractors for loss of income over the lean years. It would come to billions!
                      What's 20% of Billions?

DA in "dont forget my cut" mode
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X