• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

About time.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67549886

Plans for football to introduce 10-minute sin-bins for cynical fouls and dissent have been recommended for trialling in the professional game.

The game's lawmaking body, the International Football Association Board (Ifab), said it will "identify which levels are best to test".

The trial will also include a rule allowing only the team captain to approach the referee during a game.
    Football moves slow, and I understand the premise behind wanting to keep the game as free flowing and simple as possible. Both these rules are in Rugby and IMO very good rules.

A yellow really isn't much punishment and often results in the last 20 minutes of game being peak unsportsmanlike.

Captains only to the ref is beyond necessary. I have a few mates who are referees, the stories I've heard from them, including with kid teams, is shocking. Think top leagues should also have the refs mic'd and come down hard on captains who are disrespectful, kids are learning it from somewhere.

Working...
X