• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not Very Good At Choosing A Candidate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a chap on the Torygraph payroll who has been writing lots of pro-Susan articles. I'll keep an eye out to see if he has anything to say about this.

I do wonder if the "not very good at choosing a candidate" comes down to a lack of options? Is London Mayor a bit of a poisoned chalice as an appointment and people don't want to go for it? If you have to live a totally pure life (and whose definition of pure is acceptable?) from the moment you plop out just in case you choose to go into politics then we'd end up with an even bigger bunch of muppets running the country as they'd have no life experience.

I don't condone what she's said. I think it definitely needs to be addressed and she needs to explain herself. I struggle to decide whether she should be banned from standing for election as I'm not a fan of the no-platforming movement.

Comment

ladymuck they actually had some better prospects, including a Tory MP in outer London, who put themselves forward to be the Tory Mayoral candidate.

However for some reason they were all rejected. This is to the apparent annoyance of many councillors and MPs in the party.

They feel there is a deliberate Tory policy of wanting to lose the election. It is more likely that the party machine wants a candidate they can control, a bit like what Labour did when Livingston stood.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by JustKeepSwimming View Post

Yes because they weren't common antisemitic images unless you intentionally and disingenuously interpret that as such.

What you seem to be saying is 'You can't mock Goldman Sachs because to do so is antisemitism'. Which is absurd.

Only racists weaponise racism.
        I guess you were never taught History at school, interacted and lived with Jewish people..

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I guess you were never taught History at school, interacted and lived with Jewish people..
          Fascists never realise they are fascists until its too late.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            ladymuck they actually had some better prospects, including a Tory MP in outer London, who put themselves forward to be the Tory Mayoral candidate.

However for some reason they were all rejected. This is to the apparent annoyance of many councillors and MPs in the party.

They feel there is a deliberate Tory policy of wanting to lose the election. It is more likely that the party machine wants a candidate they can control, a bit like what Labour did when Livingston stood.
            Interesting. So either the Tories don't want anything to do with running London (so pick someone sketchy who will lose) or they do want to run London from behind the scenes and thought they'd picked someone who would just be a puppet.

Comment

Originally posted by JustKeepSwimming View Post

Fascists never realise they are fascists until its too late.
              What are you on about?

If you dismiss blatant anti-Semitism it says a lot about you.

Comment

Working...
              X