• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OK which one of you ULEZ snowflakes is this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

Bum on seat!
    As he lives in Cockfosters he likely works in Hertfordshire or Buckinghamshire.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

It's worth f-all if he sells it in London, or indeed anywhere else with an emissions based charging scheme. So the market price of a non-ULEZ vehicle is way less than the scrappage value (since you can only get the scrappage value if you actually live in London). Effectively, it's close to worthless, because no trader wants to be landed with a car which he can't sell in London, or to anyone who may want to drive into London. Scrapping a car which is less than 10 years old isn't very 'green', but as we know it's nothing to do with being 'green'.
      And there's loads of places outside of that London where it could be sold for what he considers to be market value. It might take a little bit of effort but its not impossible. Just another lazy person who ignored the past years' worth of messaging. As soon as it was announced, I checked if my car was compliant and would have done something about it there and then.

Whilst I believe the ULEZ expansion is a revenue earning scheme to plug the gap in TfL's finances, and has nothing to do with the so-called benefits, there is no excuse for people like the two examples shown to have done something about it in plenty of time. They could easily have afforded to sort it out a year ago.

Comment

Does not say much about his wife's car though? Perhaps he could use that on the weekends.

Comment

Working...
        X