• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mini-boomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini-boomed

I was just getting ready to document the handover for my current gig when I got a last minute extension for a couple of months. It's 3 days a week but at a rate almost equivalent to some full time gigs I've had so that will do for now, especially as I prefer to try and time my gigs to have most of the summer off.

Hopefully things will have picked up a bit more when I start looking again after the school holidays.

Good stuff though shame you wont get the summer off.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      Good stuff though shame you wont get the summer off.
      I'll still have 2 days off a week. One of my kids will be leaving home to go to uni in September so it will be nice to be able to spend some more time with them over the summer.

Sometimes beggars can't be choosers like in the current market but I've been fortunate that in 10 years contracting, I will have had seven summers where I was either working part time or not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post

I'll still have 2 days off a week. One of my kids will be leaving home to go to uni in September so it will be nice to be able to spend some more time with them over the summer.

Sometimes beggars can't be choosers like in the current market but I've been fortunate that in 10 years contracting, I will have had seven summers where I was either working part time or not at all.
        Nice one, I always try to see the negative in working.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post

Nice one, I always try to see the negative in working.
          There are many negatives to working! I try to do as little of it as possible

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

There are many negatives to working! I try to do as little of it as possible
            I still think about the guy who had several jobs on the go at the same time and he outsourced them all to China.

Comment

Working...
            X