• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Meribel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snaw
    Eh, wtf?!?!

Sorry old chap, you're absolutely correct. Language should stay stagnant and we should all be emulating the good old day's of BBC english. What what.

Dude, people have been saying awesome for the best part of 15 years at least in general conversation. No one expects you to join in, but stop acting like disgruntled from Milton Keynes and accept the fact that the language (And this board) isn't the preserve of the old fuddy duddy language police, even if you are an old fud.

I stopped listening to him a while back, some embittered wierdo who keeps on trying to hijack threads with his tulipe. I would hazard a guess he was bullied at school.

Comment

Originally posted by oraclesmith
      Haven't been there for a while. Do they still have that amazing little airstrip on the edge of the piste ? Anyone used it ?
      yes they do, and yes its used, I've considered getting a plane there before to save the car trip.
      SA says;
      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by IR35 Avoider
        I think it was Meribel (might have been Courcheval) where one run passes the top of the little airport. The runway looks like it's only about 300 metres long, it appears planes land into the mountain and rely on the uphill slope of the runway to slow them down. On take-off, if they can't get up to speed I guess it doesn't matter, as they'll pick up plenty of speed once they've gone off the cliff at the end of the downhill side of the runway.

(Maybe it was Courcheval, I remember checking after that holiday and found I could fly direct to the airport from London City airport, which is only 15 minutes from home for me.)

yes it Courcheval, with your back to the ski lifts in the village its towards the left and up a bit
        SA says;
        Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        (whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
        X