• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Meribel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill
    Awesome?

FFS, how old are you? 15? If so SASGuru has a position for you little boy!
    Sounds wicked!

Comment

I went all the way across from Courchevel 1650 to Meribel for lunch without putting a foot wrong, took my skis off then slipped over on my arse right oustside a restaurant with about 100 onlookers.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
        I went all the way across from Courchevel 1650 to Meribel for lunch without putting a foot wrong, took my skis off then slipped over on my arse right oustside a restaurant with about 100 onlookers.
        So are the runs there really long? I'm guessing so if you can board form Courchevel to Meribel or did this involve multiple lift changes?

Comment

Originally posted by Jawz
          So are the runs there really long? I'm guessing so if you can board form Courchevel to Meribel or did this involve multiple lift changes?
          Multiple lift changes, you have to get over the peaks to get across the valley's a bit like tacking in a yacht, lift up ski down and across, up down and across and so on, spectacular scenery just thinking about it makes me want to start looking into going again soon, nothing makes you feel more alive than being up a mountain on a sunny day with the cool air and you can see for miles around... absolutely love it.

But the same could be said when you can see sod all and your tulipting yourself mind! (feeling alive that is)
          Last edited by gingerjedi; 21 February 2007, 14:45.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I've been to Courchevel 1850 about 20 times, very very good fun, looked at buying a place there.

Both ski and board. Some good bars as well.
            SA says;
            Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by Jawz
              if you want long rungs then Alp Duez is the place, IIRC has a run about 14km. The top was icy and narrow, but the ret just great open skiing.
              Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
                if you want long rungs then Alp Duez is the place, IIRC has a run about 14km. The top was icy and narrow, but the ret just great open skiing.
                Its not a very pretty resort though, all frozen dog tulip and old women in fur coats.

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
                  I've been to Courchevel 1850 about 20 times, very very good fun, looked at buying a place there.

Both ski and board. Some good bars as well.
                  Haven't been there for a while. Do they still have that amazing little airstrip on the edge of the piste ? Anyone used it ?
                  It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Skiing?

Are you flying to the resort?

How much CO2 are you feckers dumping into the atmosphere?

FFS - Do you realise what burning fossil fuel is doing the our planet? Our childrens planet?

You selfish ****

Comment

Originally posted by oraclesmith
                      Haven't been there for a while. Do they still have that amazing little airstrip on the edge of the piste ? Anyone used it ?
                      They had it there in 2005, its a site to behold and its how the Russian Oligarchs arrive, apparently Roman Abramovich wanted to buy up a few hundred chalets in the area so he could invite all his mates along but ended up going home a bit peeved that there were people who actually didn't want to sell up ...tsk nuvo rich eh!

Comment

Working...
                      X