• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You can't fool cats...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can't fool cats...

Just put the bloody price up.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...nking-servings
    The mercurial nature of cats means owners spend a lot of time trying to understand “cat speak”. However, the chances that loud miaowing is about food have increased after Whiskas not only slashed the size of its cat food pouches but changed the recipe .

The price of Whiskas has risen sharply in the past year and pet owners have taken to the brand’s Facebook page to vent their outrage over the smaller packets, which are 85g rather than 100g, but cost the same. Others complain their cat does not like the “new taste” and, in extreme cases, that it disagrees with them.

The practice of reducing product sizes but keeping the price the same effectively increases their cost per gram and is known as “shrinkflation”. Smaller Whiskas packs started arriving in stores last month but many owners did not spot the change until their pets started making a racket.

Cat owner David Reid said he was shocked by the price of Whiskas, with the pack size reduction the final straw. “It’s taken a couple of weeks to dawn on me why the pets were still hungry after being fed. I will now move to a different brand … it is now too expensive to feed them Whiskas pouches, as much as I love my cats dearly.”

Other recent casualties of shrinkflation include Magnum ice-creams, which these days are being sold in three- rather than four-packs, and Mini Cheddars, where a new bag size is “mini” too.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Working...
X