• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Summer Holiday 2023

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer Holiday 2023

Morning All,

what are your plans for summer holidays 2023 ?

Benes and Family are going back to Sardinia.

What about you lot, interesting favourite destinations, and tips you can share ?

Milan.

Milan.

We're taking the ferry down to Santander (never done this before so quite excited) spending a couple of days in Astorias and then driving across to the Costa Brava for a few more days. Then it's a leisurely amble up to Caen via La Rochelle where we're spending a couple of days at a friend's wedding.

Comment

Turkey - not my choice and I am not looking forward to it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Largely Ginny View Post
        We're taking the ferry down to Santander (never done this before so quite excited) spending a couple of days in Astorias and then driving across to the Costa Brava for a few more days. Then it's a leisurely amble up to Caen via La Rochelle where we're spending a couple of days at a friend's wedding.
        Sounds like a good trip. A few years ago I did the ferry from Plymouth to Santander then drove down to Cadiz to catch the ferry to Tenerife.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Sounds like a good trip. A few years ago I did the ferry from Plymouth to Santander then drove down to Cadiz to catch the ferry to Tenerife.
          That's an option for next winter - thinking of decamping to the Canaries for 3 months if we can figure out a way to get the dogs there

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

both awesome trips, how long is the ferry to Santander ?

we're taking the overnight ferry from Genoa to Sardinia.

The car and overnight ferry travel (with a cabin), in my opinion, is the height of leisure travel these days

who the feck would want to fly for a holiday ?

Milan.

Comment

I do like Cadiz. Go in April when it's tuna season!

Next weekend I'm going to Sofia for a quick visit. In May, I'm off to NY. Then in June I'm going to Hawaii via Prague. In July I'm going from Malaga to Budapest via Portland and LA. In October I'm off to Thailand.

Need to find 700 more Tier Points and I'll be on the BA Gold Guest List.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

both awesome trips, how long is the ferry to Santander ?

we're taking the overnight ferry from Genoa to Sardinia.

The car and overnight ferry travel (with a cabin), in my opinion, is the height of leisure travel these days

who the feck would want to fly for a holiday ?

Milan.
                Plymouth to Santander is 20 hours but if you go from Portsmouth 33 hours. Can't work out why it takes 13 hours to do the extra 150 miles or so

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

how long is the ferry to Santander ?
                  214.5m if it's the Galicia or Salamanca (out of Portsmouth)
                  The Pont-Aven (out of Plymouth) is only 183.4m long.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    I do like Cadiz. Go in April when it's tuna season!

Next weekend I'm going to Sofia for a quick visit. In May, I'm off to NY. Then in June I'm going to Hawaii via Prague. In July I'm going from Malaga to Budapest via Portland and LA. In October I'm off to Thailand.

Need to find 700 more Tier Points and I'll be on the BA Gold Guest List.

ok you win, that's an awesome holiday plan for 2023

but, in my book, you lose points for the flights, flying these days is the most unpleasant way to travel, the whole experience, from entering the departure airport to leaving the destination airport

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X