• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Peas in a pod or

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peas in a pod or

politics returning to normal?

It isn't normal for opposition parties on mainland UK to loathe each other as there is certain legislation/actions that needs cross party support.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...boris-johnson/

Sir Keir Starmer has said he “loathed” Boris Johnson, but has a “much better” relationship with Rishi Sunak and has his personal phone number.
    The Labour leader revealed that he “really couldn’t give a toss” about the former prime minister, who insisted Sir Keir could not win the next election and nicknamed him “Crasheroonie Snoozefest”.

Sir Keir made the comments on Monday in a recording of The Political Party podcast by Matt Forde, the comedian.

“Johnson and I really loathed each other. It was obvious,” he said. “We really never spoke behind the scenes very much.”

Asked about the Crasheroonie Snoozefest moniker, he replied: “It doesn’t matter – one, because I really couldn’t give a toss, and, you know, I really loathed him.
    ​​​​
    He didn’t stand for anything, he had no principles, he had no integrity, he lied through his teeth and he brings everybody down with him. Is there anybody who’s had any relationship with Johnson – in any sense of the word – who hasn’t ended up in the gutter? And it bounces off him.”

However, he contrasted his intense dislike towards Mr Johnson, noted by commentators during their bad-tempered Prime Minister’s Questions clashes, with a more amicable working relationship with Mr Sunak.

“My personal relationship with him is much better,” he said. “He phoned me the day he became Prime Minister, gave me his personal number and we said we would work together on things like Ukraine, if there was a terrorist incident, God forbid, or security issues.

“But obviously, we would robustly argue with each other on everything else. So it is a different relationship, and a different relationship across the despatch box.”

However, Sir Keir added: “We’re not texting about the Southampton-Arsenal scores.”

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Working...
X