• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mini Budget aka Fiscal Statement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feckers seems to have kept personal allowance theft at 100k

Comment

ahaha Office for Tax Simplification (Osborne’s I think) is abolished

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        ahaha Office for Tax Simplification (Osborne’s I think) is abolished
        Ahh she's another one that didn't like Osborne. That explains it...............
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Just hearing that the Bank of England may have to increase interest rates to 5.5%

And Deutsche Bank says the Bank of England may have to do an emergency rate rise next week!
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Great!

Comment

Whilst this reversal of the 2017-2021 'reforms' is welcome, I think it wil make vey little difference in reality.

The chancellors justification for reversing the reforms was to take the burden away from employers of making assessments. However, most of the big employers have neve made assessments, they just took the blanket decision not to employ contractors outside of IR35. I think it unlikely any of those employers are going to change their approach, not least because we will be 12-18months away from a GE, with the prospect of a future government bringing the 'reforms' back again. They just won't see the need to change anything.

Whilst for niche, hard to fill roles, employers may be forced to consider outside contractors, I think it unlikely we'll return to a sutuation where BA's, PM's and Developers are routinely working outside in such high numbers, sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by DAR2008 View Post
                Whilst this reversal of the 2017-2021 'reforms' is welcome, I think it wil make vey little difference in reality.

The chancellors justification for reversing the reforms was to take the burden away from employers of making assessments. However, most of the big employers have neve made assessments, they just took the blanket decision not to employ contractors outside of IR35. I think it unlikely any of those employers are going to change their approach, not least because we will be 12-18months away from a GE, with the prospect of a future government bringing the 'reforms' back again. They just won't see the need to change anything.

Whilst for niche, hard to fill roles, employers may be forced to consider outside contractors, I think it unlikely we'll return to a sutuation where BA's, PM's and Developers are routinely working outside in such high numbers, sadly.
                Unless I am mistaken you're missing the point. It's not about the employer anymore they can stamp it with whatever they want however... The onus is back to us the contractor to work with the guidelines and make that choice. If the agency refuses to pay you via limited company that's another issue they are no longer liable and then are they prepared to lose a very skilled resource over what.

Comment

Originally posted by JPC View Post

Unless I am mistaken you're missing the point. It's not about the employer anymore they can stamp it with whatever they want however... The onus is back to us the contractor to work with the guidelines and make that choice. If the agency refuses to pay you via limited company that's another issue they are no longer liable and then are they prepared to lose a very skilled resource over what.
                  Fully appreciate the onus is back on the contractor, but that wouldn't stop employers, many of whom have never bothered doing the 'burdensome' assessments, continuing to only offer roles on a PAYE / Umbrella basis. I'm unclear what incentivie 'they' have to change their approach, based on todays announcement?

Comment

Originally posted by DAR2008 View Post

Fully appreciate the onus is back on the contractor, but that wouldn't stop employers, many of whom have never bothered doing the 'burdensome' assessments, continuing to only offer roles on a PAYE / Umbrella basis. I'm unclear what incentivie 'they' have to change their approach, based on todays announcement?
                    Ok my acceptable rate is much higher due to being forced inside ir35 and the double NI and lack of tax efficiency via umbrella. I could accept a lower day rate If we switch back to before. So there is a no strings financial incentive . However I'd happily stay on same day rate and flip too!

Comment

Originally posted by JPC View Post

Ok my acceptable rate is much higher due to being forced inside ir35 and the double NI and lack of tax efficiency via umbrella. I could accept a lower day rate If we switch back to before. So there is a no strings financial incentive . However I'd happily stay on same day rate and flip too!
                      I can see that working with some clients, I just fear that the larger ones will continue with their existing approach.

Comment

Working...
                      X