• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Book: Banking business knowledge for IT bods

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Become a Freemason!!!

It opens doors!!!

Comment

The favoured City saying is "See You Next Thursday" HTH
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by LegendsWear7
        I want to boost (errrm ... Start) my knowledge of how the City works. Background is pure IT but often in financials. I never really got to grips with how the places worked as I was focussed on tech.

It is high time I learnt this stuff, partly for my own satisfaction and partly to make myself more attractive to potential clients.

Know any good books that give a solid, practical overview ?

I found this from a Jobserve advert:
        http://www.essvale.com/?q=node/1

Site looks kind of crappy but maybe the content is good. I have a feeling it is written by a contractor and maybe self-published. 50 notes !

Any recommendation ?

L

Step on the little people.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
          Become a Freemason!!!

It opens doors!!!
          My best mate is a freemason. To be honest I don't see the point. He has to pay something like £50 a month membership for a meal once a month. "But its a nice meal". It better be @ £50 a head.

Comment

Working...
          X