• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stoned of Tunbridge Wells

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stoned of Tunbridge Wells

Too happy to be disgusted.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/tunbrid...isplay-271168/

The leafy Kent town got a bit leafier after pranksters sneaked a cannabis plant into a floral display near the Millennium Clock in Calverley Road.

It's thought council gardeners watered the plant for weeks before it was spotted, growing in a pot of red and white flowers, by Tunbridge Wells resident Martin Steers last week.
    "I had gone up to town first thing in the morning on Wednesday," said Mr Steers, 47. "As I was walking through town I saw the plant. It was about two feet tall and didn't fit in.

"I took a couple of photos and walked up to it. I squeezed one of the leaves to double check what I thought it was and I recognised the smell."

A keen gardener with a knowledge of plants, Mr Steers says he was certain it was a cannabis plant.

"It was right by the Millennium Clock," he added. "That's what I found so surprising, because it was big and obvious, and people were walking past.

"I just stood there dumbfounded, thinking 'why isn't anyone noticing this huge plant?'

"As I was leaving town I walked round to the police station and showed a police officer the photos I'd taken. He was amazed. He said 'good lord, that's an established plant. They must have been watering it for some time.'

"I laughed and asked if that makes them criminally responsible. He said it had made his morning."

"I think it's a prank," he added. "I think someone has heard about it happening in other places and thought it was a good idea."

A statement from Tunbridge Wells Council said: “A member of the public reported what they described as a cannabis plant in a planter in the town centre.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

That's rather entertaining.

Comment

Working...
    X