• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TopTal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TopTal

Has anyone had any experience with them?

I applied for a role via linked in an it turns out you have to pass a set of stringent tests before you can apply directly for gigs or pimp yourself out for work.

Out of curiosity I went along with the initial video call screen (which lasts about 10 minutes and presumably checks you can communicate at a decent level). I was told that the vetting procedure is:

1. 90 minute Codility test in language of your choice.
    2. Technical interview.
    3. Technical project.

I received a follow up email saying that my skills are very much in demand and that a $500 bonus would be paid on commencement of my first gig.

Ignoring the fact that the upfront commitment is a total piss take I have little doubt that once vetted candidates would find themselves having to bid the 'global' rate to stand any chance of gaining work.

The reason I ask is that the job was advertised on Linked which surely is not acceptable - the role may well have existed but could also be seen as a cynical ploy to get developers to sign up to the platform as well.

Working...
X