• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

anyone got an automatic?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think porsche are a member of that consortium too. Correct me if im wrong. Ive got a manual at the moment as the currect porsche tip is crap.

Comment

You are correct sir.

http://car-reviews.automobile.com/Au...-gearbox/2008/

7 speed DSG. Now that should be the dogs danglies.

Comment

the other good thing about the DSG is that it has a 'Launch Control' feature for when you come across chavs at traffic lights.

You just need to hold the brake with your left foot, hold the revs at 3000rpm with the right and then just release the brake

Comment

Originally posted by ~Craig~
          the other good thing about the DSG is that it has a 'Launch Control' feature for when you come across chavs at traffic lights.

You just need to hold the brake with your left foot, hold the revs at 3000rpm with the right and then just release the brake
          most chavs drive appallingly low powered shopping carts anyway, you just need a semi decent car to beat those ****** (just watch out for wheel spin)

I used to get them trying to beat me off the lights all the time when I had my Focus. Typically they'd be in a debadged 1.6 focus or similar with a fat exhaust. alloys and maybe a chip and or sports air filter kit. I had a standard ST170, bit of extra throttle and hold first gear a bit longer and they'd be left for dust
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet
            I used to get them trying to beat me off the lights all the time when I had my Focus. Typically they'd be in a debadged 1.6 focus or similar with a fat exhaust. alloys and maybe a chip and or sports air filter kit. I had a standard ST170, bit of extra throttle and hold first gear a bit longer and they'd be left for dust
            Ermmm. Small penis there by any chance?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

No Bogey, it's called "a bit of fun". Something you haven't had in at least 10 years by the sounds of you, you miserable, judgemental old sod.

Comment

I've been automatic since 1996. Will never switch back while I live in Britain.

My car computer tells me my average speed over a 300 mile working week is 20mph, though with roadworks in Lower Thames Street and collapsed building in Commercial Road it will be a lot worse this week. The five miles of commute nearest to my home take half an hour, when the roads are normal. Who would want to change their own gears on that kind of journey?

The last time I had a manual, I had to replace my shoes when the clutch pedal wore a hole through the bottom of the left one. Admittedly it was a crap car with a stiff clutch.

Comment

Originally posted by IR35 Avoider
                  I've been automatic since 1996. Will never switch back while I live in Britain.

My car computer tells me my average speed over a 300 mile working week is 20mph, though with roadworks in Lower Thames Street and collapsed building in Commercial Road it will be a lot worse this week. The five miles of commute nearest to my home take half an hour, when the roads are normal. Who would want to change their own gears on that kind of journey?

The last time I had a manual, I had to replace my shoes when the clutch pedal wore a hole through the bottom of the left one. Admittedly it was a crap car with a stiff clutch.

5 miles? FFS get a bike, or a pair of decent trainers and walk. At a brisk walk you'll do it in an hour and a quarter.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                  X