• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Get Orf My Land!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get Orf My Land!

When a farmer use to say to me "You are on my lannnd" I would apologise and get off but not the youth of today...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...r-with-tractor

A farmer who used his forklift tractor to flip and push a Vauxhall Corsa car off his land after a row with the driver over blocking access has been cleared by a jury of dangerous driving and criminal damage after going through “months of hell”.

Robert Hooper, 57, a fourth-generation hill farmer, used a telehandler with forks to lift the car from a lane outside his farm in Newbiggin-in-Teesdale, County Durham, flip it and push it on its side on to the road outside, mobile phone footage played to Durham crown court showed.

Hooper argued that an “Englishman’s home is his castle”, and claimed he had been punched by Charlie Burns, 21, a passenger in the car, when he first politely asked him and the driver to leave as they were blocking access on a busy day on the farm.

Burns, who had been visiting the area on that day last June and had drunk up to seven bottles of lager, was knocked to the ground by the vehicle’s lifting forks, the jury heard.

Hooper, who has no previous convictions, claimed the younger man punched him twice in the farm buggy he was driving, splitting his lip. He said he told the driver, Elliott Johnson, and Burns: “If you don’t move it, I will.”

Hooper said: “I thought, ‘We have a bit of a problem here, there’s two of them, half my age.’ I didn’t know what they had in terms of weapons, or what they were capable of doing. I thought if the car was off the property, that would be them off the property, out of the way.”

He told the court he was aware of an “influx” of youths visiting the area that summer, some of whom were engaging in antisocial behaviour. He added: “I felt threatened, and an Englishman’s home is his castle, and my castle starts at that front gate.”
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Should get large tax refund for police not doing their job, plus a broad firearms license covering classic home defense essentials (includes NLAWs)

Comment

Working...
    X