• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who on here has the biggest debt?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have my own house paid for 10 years ago and a few fivers tucked away here and there.

I have no debts - only savings and a few shares.

Oddly enough I cannot get credit because I have no debts - odd ?

Not that I want any - besides I am a member of a Credit Union - which I could borrow from ...

Never a borrower nor a lender be
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 13 February 2007, 13:06.

Comment

I envy the Scots. They are very careful with their money.

Notoriously careful.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot
        See this is what I’m talking about, sods law the last words heard by saving folks like DP or permies on the first day of retirement is ‘bob, mind that bus’ ‘what bus’ – splat.

Get out there!!
        Not quite at DimPrawn levels of wealth but if you've owned a house or 2 and contracted for the past 10 years you'll be in the money unless you've bought a lotta lotta useless cr*p !

Which overseas retirement destinations are we looking at ?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
          I envy the Scots. They are very careful with their money.

Notoriously careful.
          Translates to "Tighter than cramp!"

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall
            Not quite at DimPrawn levels of wealth but if you've owned a house or 2 and contracted for the past 10 years you'll be in the money unless you've bought a lotta lotta useless cr*p !
            Or your ex-wife is in the money?

Have any of the women here worked hard, earned a lot, invested well, and seen it all go to a partner?

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall

Which overseas retirement destinations are we looking at ?

I'll give you a clue. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6357551.stm

Comment

Originally posted by expat
                Or your ex-wife is in the money?

Have any of the women here worked hard, earned a lot, invested well, and seen it all go to a partner?
                Forgot about that proviso ! So far my Mrs is still around and came gift wrapped with a house bought in the depths of the mid 90s when I was still p*ssing it up against the wall.

Comment

Debt

I have about £300 left on my credit card.

I have a 135k mortgage (Was 128k but the wife had app 7.5k debt which I bombed on the mortgage). Flat is worth about 175k.

Wife (For richer or for poorer so they say) has about 1k debt outstanding.

On the downside, I got married last year so I have no savings (About 2.5k) and about (1.5k) invested in shares which are seriously underperforming.

So theoretically I am in the black but FFS it would be nice to have some more chedder in the bank.

Onwards and upwards
                  There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                    Currently in Blighty is best mode. With all this global warming Costa Del Lancashire will be the place to be come my retirement !

Comment

House bought for 345,000 in early 2000 (120k mortgage) spent about 50k on it since and now valued at £800k

Cleared all other debts, but still got the 120k mortgage. That'll be the next challenge.

Comment

Working...
                      X