• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Longest Contract negotiations Ever

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Longest Contract negotiations Ever

3 weeks and still going!

FFS! Been going for some other interviews as I can see this turning into a non starter. I always knew that the role was subject to a nunber of factors happening however the agent is begining to piss me off now.

No, I do not want the use of company pool cars! Shame there is not a picture I can show him to tell him the difference between a contractor and an employee.

So far he has tried:

* PAYE not Ltd,
    * Pool cars instead of mileage,
    * Limit on working for the end client for 6 months although I worked there on a previous project nothing to do with him.

They also asked if I was willing to travel out on a weekend to be in the host country for work on the monday. Of course, but you will be billed for me taking said flight. Oh, well er "employees" often fly out on weekends and get a day holiday in lieu.

Normally McDonalds hire on the day.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Ovbiously KFC are more selective.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
        Ovbiously KFC are more selective.
        You must be tulip. I got into KFC after a second interview.

Loser!!!
        Call the cops

Comment

Working...
        X