• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nationwide Building Society House Price Index Nov 21

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nationwide Building Society House Price Index Nov 21

Key points:
    • Annual house price growth increased slightly in November to 10.0%
    • Prices up 0.9% month-on-month

Full report here:

https://www.nationwidehousepriceinde...qm-spnyj-jtpdd

It's always an interesting time of the year as November tends to be exceptionally busy. Clients want to either be in their new home or exchange before Christmas to give them the certainty that they will complete in the new year.

There is obviously a lot of talk about interest rates increasing at the moment and this is perfectly normal for this time of year. Banks like other businesses (especially those who have hit their targets) put the shutters down to new business whilst they operate with skeleton staff levels over Christmas. This allows them to hit the ground running in January without having to clear a backlog of cases.

With 10% pa rises the norm, we are firmly in the "my house makes more money p.a than I do" situation again for many people.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

I dunno, does someone on £50k live in a half-million quid house? Maybe by now they do if they bought at the right time
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
      X