• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

COP 26

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

No, not what i said. Expending energy to sing silly chants against the conference is inherently hypocritical.

I've no doubt she means well - but she's not that greeting kid that caught the media attention a few years back and needs to positively influence things.
    To us grumpy old farts, the silly chanting does look exactly that. To a lot of other people, it makes her seem more accessible, like they could achieve the same as her (and let's be honest, she has achieved a lot in raising awareness).

Sometimes you have to pull a cheesy stunt (not a euphemism for Whorty's parts) to engage people.

She's always been divisive and always will be. Her message is uncompromising and uncomfortable to a lot of people but to others it's a refreshing point of view.

I'm not a huge fan but I can see she fills a niche - if she didn't, she wouldn't be a household name.

Comment

Working...
    X