• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Energy Crisis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    You aren't going to get the £200 (right?) it just goes on your account?
    Yep.

My account is currently in credit.

It won't be by the end of summer.

​​​​
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

This energy crisis is one reason I vote for Brexit. It was obvious the UK was becoming a parasite nation too dependent on the EU for practically everything, including energy supplies as well as law making and even food, and we were atrophying as a country in practicaly every important respect.

Now MPs, and the PM for that matter, are learning the hard way that the buck stops with them, and they can no longer use their favourite excuse "EU rules don'cha know, not a thing we can do about it!".

Even now I believe we rely on France for a fair proportion of our electricity supply, which probably largely explains the Poodle's impotence to sort out the immigrant crisis, if he is even interested in trying!
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Even now I believe we rely on France for a fair proportion of our electricity supply
        You thought that voting for Brexit would magically create new nuclear power stations in the UK?

Comment

Office energy charges (increased in October) going up from 18p to 48p!

And this is before Russian gas/oil embargo

Comment

Working...
          X