• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New era of supersonic travel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New era of supersonic travel

https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...onic-aircraft/

https://boomsupersonic.com/overture

The CEO Blake Scholl wants to achieve the goal of being able to get to anywhere on the planet in 4 hours for $100 !!!!

Imagine in the 2030's you could fly London to New York supersonic cheaper than the HS2 London to Birmingham.

Never liked the name "Boom" for an aircraft company. Think boom is one of the not to use words or phases on aircraft.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dilbert.gif
Views:	134
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	4165917
    Last edited by mallisarealperson; 4 June 2021, 14:29.

I bet the environmentalists are having kittens over this.

I agree, Boom is a bad name. I guess Zoom was already taken

Comment

Yeah just few months ago some Us startup had big plans for supersonic flight, Boeing as customer and now they folded.

A lot can happen till 2029

Comment

How exciting.

I remember the Concorde prototype flying over Bath back in the day. Everyone would go out into their gardens and look up at it.

Some years later, I met what I could only describe as a bit of a drunken derelict in a pub in Dingle, Ireland. His back story was that he'd had some tragedy in his life but he claimed to have been the navigator on the original Concorde test flights alongside Brian Trubshaw. He showed me some kind of id that seemed to verify his story.

Anyway, I had no reason to doubt him and bought him a pint,

Comment

Originally posted by Great Britten View Post
          I met what I could only describe as a bit of a drunken derelict in a pub in Dingle, Ireland. His back story was that he'd had some tragedy in his life but he claimed to have been the navigator on the original Concorde test flights alongside Brian Trubshaw. He showed me some kind of id that seemed to verify his story.
          Inneresting.

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
          I met this drunken old derelict in a pub in Dingle once. The usual sort of thing, he sat down uninvited on my table and proceeded to jibber drunkenly away. Just at the point that I was going to finish my drink and go, he mentioned the name Brian Trubshaw - the test plot for Concord(e). This got my attention and I started listening to what he was saying & it turned out that he was the navigator on those test flights. He showed me an old ID card he had in his wallet & his story seemed to stack up so I believed him.

Comment

What's the nickname first used by "Gricer", wurzel?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              What's the nickname first used by "Gricer", wurzel?
              What was the nickname first used by "Ravenshaw", Greenfly?

Comment

Originally posted by ravenshaw View Post

Inneresting.

Had your work cut out there eh, Greenfly ?

Comment

Working...
                X