• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

All Your Data Belongs To Us

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwQ...12TTFFRFE/view
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

The first sentence of that document states its for the direct care of a patient, which is nothing to so with the conversation here.

Thanks for playing though
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Even GPs are resisting. Many are refusing to hand over their data from 1 July due to the lack of awareness.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...to-nhs-digital

Comment

How the fook it is legal to disclose patients detailed medical data without explicit patients permission?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Even GPs are resisting. Many are refusing to hand over their data from 1 July due to the lack of awareness.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...to-nhs-digital
            The story nicely explains what medical data is:
            "Essentially what’s being asked for here is people’s entire health record, so everything that we’ve coded in people’s records from the time of their birth to the time of their death, including their physical, mental and sexual health, including their health-related concerns with family and work and including their drug and alcohol history.

“Essentially all your most intimate private details of your life is being asked to be handed over and we were concerned that the public aren’t aware of what’s being done.”
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              How the fook it is legal to disclose patients detailed medical data without explicit patients permission?
              It's the NHS's data, technically the GPs being a private third party organisation subcontracted to deliver care should be signing a privacy policy to get access.

Comment

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Same way it is legal for scum Tories to steal public money and kill 150,000 people needlessly. You think your medical data matters to them?
                  First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

It's the NHS's data, technically the GPs being a private third party organisation subcontracted to deliver care should be signing a privacy policy to get access.
                    Side stepping the fact there is no such thing as "the NHS" so it can't own the data, it's the other way round, GP's (who are mostly their own private limited companies rather than partnerships these days) are the primary custodian of patient data, a subset is given to NHS Digital to be held centrally (on the SPINE) so others can access it when permitted.

Things are complicated by the fact you don't have "a medical record", you have a series of potentially dozens of records stored with your GP, your pharmacy, your local mental health trust and of course hospital Patient Administration System, mostly these are linked back to NHS Digital in the Summary Care Records (SCR)
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

Side stepping the fact there is no such thing as "the NHS" so it can't own the data, it's the other way round, GP's (who are mostly their own private limited companies rather than partnerships these days) are the primary custodian of patient data, a subset is given to NHS Digital to be held centrally (on the SPINE) so others can access it when permitted.

Things are complicated by the fact you don't have "a medical record", you have a series of potentially dozens of records stored with your GP, your pharmacy, your local mental health trust and of course hospital Patient Administration System, mostly these are linked back to NHS Digital in the Summary Care Records (SCR)
                      Information Commissioners - Data protection register - entry details (ico.org.uk)

Comment

Working...
                      X