• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dominic Cummings

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post

I remember opting out of NHS data sharing years ago. Do we have to opt out again?
    Yes.

Comment

Cummins is referring to senior unelected individuals also in the civil service.
      Cummings himself was an unelected idiot.

Comment

I remember opting out of NHS data sharing years ago. Do we have to opt out again?
        This time it's different (TM)

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          You get a lot of his sort in IT. A lot of talk about fantastic ideas, how their superior wisdom will fix everything, then a few months later it's all "it is all your fault that I failed".
          Never a truer word spoken. Visionaries they are called (by themselves)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

This time it's different (TM)
            Are you referring to this

The national data opt-out was introduced on 25 May 2018, enabling patients to opt out from the use of their data for research or planning purposes, in line with the recommendations of the National Data Guardian in her Review of Data Security, Consent and Opt-Outs.

Patients can view or change their national data opt-out choice at any time by using the online service at www.nhs.uk/your-nhs-data-matters or by calling 0300 3035678.

By 30 September 2021 all health and care organisations are required to be compliant with the national data opt-out policy.

Comment

The national data opt-out was introduced on 25 May 2018, enabling patients to opt out from the use of their data for research or planning purposes, in line with the recommendations of the National Data Guardian in her Review of Data Security, Consent and Opt-Outs.

Patients can view or change their national data opt-out choice at any time by using the online service at www.nhs.uk/your-nhs-data-matters or by calling 0300 3035678.

By 30 September 2021 all health and care organisations are required to be compliant with the national data opt-out policy.
              I opted-out years ago and noticed they had automatically put me back in.

So I opted-out again.

I suspect you will have to keep an eye on it and opt out every year to 18 months.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

This has more info

https://www.theregister.com/2021/05/13/nhs_data_grab/

The NHS is preparing for the "biggest data grab" in the history of the service, giving patients little information or warning about the planned transfer of medical records from GP surgeries in England to a central store for research purposes – and with no prospect of the data being deleted.

Campaigners and doctors have expressed alarm that such a wide-ranging data haul is in the offing when health services and patients are still swamped by the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, with little time to focus on the details of data privacy.

The 55 million citizens of England will need to opt out of the involuntary scheme before it is introduced to prevent the entire history of their GP visits being slurped, campaigners told us. Opt-out forms are here [.docx]. We understand you will need to give this form to your GP practice before 23 June or your data held by your GP joins the central repository.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post

Never a truer word spoken. Visionaries they are called (by themselves)
                  To be fair most IT projects fail due to people.....
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    55 million citizens...? When was this written?

And are these the same people complaining about the lack of planning and reliable statistics around the Covid pandemic I wonder?
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      So if everything was a shambles in September, why didn't he call it out then? Why wait six months until after he's sacked to shout like a jilted lover?

Whilst I am sure there's been many mistakes made, are his accusations decisions that were unwise in hindsight with his superb 20/20 vision or completely nuts at the time and totally against any sane assessment of the situation?
                      It's worth listening to his evidence. He does come across like an idealistic teenager in places and, yes, you are often left thinking, what a massive self-serving cretin, but he also makes a lot of excellent points about gov't and the civil service and he does have some evidence of the same points being made in private at roughly the same time (a bit late, because he started hitting the panic button in around mid-March 2020, which was already too late). Some astonishing claims, though. It's much worse than the thick of it and you couldn't really make it up and it is, therefore, good entertainment (and probably mostly true).

Comment

Working...
                      X