• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official DOOM: House prices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Official DOOM: House prices

House prices set to keep rising as home working continues

Property market boom points to long-term shift from cities as home workers buy bigger houses in cheaper areas, says Bank of England deputy

House prices could stay permanently high and even keep on rising after the stamp duty holiday ends as Covid has completely shaken up the property market, according to a top policymaker.

A long-term shift towards more home working could boost demand for property for the long-term, said Sir Jon Cunliffe, the Bank of England’s deputy governor.

House prices have boomed in most regions since the pandemic struck, jumping 10pc in the 12 months to March on official figures.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...ing-continues/

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    House prices set to keep rising as home working continues

Property market boom points to long-term shift from cities as home workers buy bigger houses in cheaper areas, says Bank of England deputy

House prices could stay permanently high and even keep on rising after the stamp duty holiday ends as Covid has completely shaken up the property market, according to a top policymaker.

A long-term shift towards more home working could boost demand for property for the long-term, said Sir Jon Cunliffe, the Bank of England’s deputy governor.

House prices have boomed in most regions since the pandemic struck, jumping 10pc in the 12 months to March on official figures.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...ing-continues/

Are we going to see an episode of Location, Location, Location with jenny a toilet cleaner and Bob a part time labourer who have a budget of £2million pounds to buy a 1 bed flat in Warrington

Comment

I watch Escape to the Country on BBC and am always amazed at some 20 something couple looking to buy their first home together, with a £900K to £1.2m budget. They usually work in Finance mind.

No shortage of very well off people in the UK.
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
        I watch Escape to the Country on BBC and am always amazed at some 20 something couple looking to buy their first home together, with a £900K to £1.2m budget. They usually work in Finance mind. No shortage of very well off people in the UK.
        Shocking really - they can afford such a big house, but skimp on pre-nups.

20 years latter a bitter broken 40 year old man will be renting out a flat over kebab shop in Swindon because all the other money will be paid to ex in order to satisfy court ruling that "she is entitled to enjoy the lifestyle she got accustomed to"

Comment

Shocking really - they can afford such a big house, but skimp on pre-nups.

20 years latter a bitter broken 40 year old man will be renting out a flat over kebab shop in Swindon because all the other money will be paid to ex in order to satisfy court ruling that "she is entitled to enjoy the lifestyle she got accustomed to"
          That's a sad story bro, brought a tear to my eye.

Imagine living in Swindon

Comment

Or peterborough or basildon…

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
              I watch Escape to the Country on BBC and am always amazed at some 20 something couple looking to buy their first home together, with a £900K to £1.2m budget. They usually work in Finance mind.

No shortage of very well off people in the UK.
              BOMAD innit, in most cases?
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Shocking really - they can afford such a big house, but skimp on pre-nups. ...
                Pre-nups aren't recognised in the UK, AFAIK (unless anything has changed recently). The judge will just ignore them.

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Pre-nups aren't recognised in the UK, AFAIK (unless anything has changed recently). The judge will just ignore them.
                  Yes, they are recognised and courts should take them into account - thanks to "wise" Supreme Court ruling. Pity they did not say "must"

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

BOMAD innit, in most cases?
                    £1m first home at age of 25, that quite some bank of mum and dad. I think mine gave me a toaster when I moved in

Comment

Working...
                    X