• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Normal Response Level ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hattra
    But I already look ten years younger
    Threaded just travels to work on his bicycle at relativistic speeds and then is ten years younger compared to the ubiquitous stationary observer.
    I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
      I don't respond, but yet, I get contracts. I haven't a clue how that works, otherwise I'd tell you all.
      I've got a month left on this contract and I haven't put my updated CV out there yet, but I've already got 3 -4 people asking me when I'm available and can they interest me in...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Due to not having really worked since November due to patent problems, litigation and major software companies acting like children, I thought I had better get off my bottom and do something. Although I'm still getting paid a 4 figure retainer and expenses each month, I am bored tulipless. Therefore, I reactivated my Jobserve and Gulp accounts and started searching and applying.

First up was a position in Brussesl of which the list of software wants was exactly my arena. Of goes the CV and I sit back...and back...and back. Eventually a mail comes back to me asking my rate, availablity and do I have problems working for this certain client. I answer and wait...and wait...and wait. In the meantime the position is advertised again with a start date in 2 days time. The agency was also advertising a lot of other positions, all of which are still being advertised with start dates of over a week ago. Either full of hot air or due to being so slow are having some serious problems.

Next up was a British agency but with offices based here who had something rather good locally. Once again I had the exact skill set. For everything that happened just look at the previous agency. Tried them also for one in Switzerland and another in Germany. Basically no response

There was a nice 3 month going in the UK but there was only a 4 line description which basically said nothing so I rang the guy up for more details. He told that was all he was given and the rate was....He said he had 2 guys lined up for it already and it basically came down to the fact that I told him that the job is not what he is advertising for and that if it was then the guys he's got lined up can't be what they say they are for that price. Phone down.

4 German agencies have contacted me regarding a position which I do not have the skills for yet have secured an interview and the customer actually wants me anyway. One of these agencies was the British one which I told in no particular terms to not bother.

That weird Alchemy thing from Jobserver just sends me positions which have nothing to do with my skill set at all and all British agencies just send me jobs which also have nothing to do with my skill set. Do they read the bloody things or what?
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
        X