• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Avoid Birmingham

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avoid Birmingham

Yes, I know this is great general advice, there are too many squirrels, kebab shops and terrible drivers, but this time it's worse.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/new...south-20437707

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

I ordered my pack of 7 lateral flow tests today. I think it's a rubbish test because the rate of false positives is too high but they're free and may come in handy.

https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus...ral-flow-tests

Comment

Why 7?

Comment

Didn't Mark Thatcher, Maggie Thatcher's son, once get lost in Birmingham for a whole day? To be fair, it could happen to anyone, given its convoluted road system

Or I may be thinking of some rally car race in the Sahara.

edit: In the interests of accuracy, I did a quick Google and it appears that "On 9 January 1982 Thatcher, his French driver, Anne-Charlotte Verney, and their mechanic went missing for six days in the Sahara whilst driving a Peugeot 504 in the Paris-Dakar Rally". But I'm sure Birmingham is just as bad!
        Last edited by OwlHoot; 21 April 2021, 23:47.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Indeed avoid Birmingham, we don't want your sort here.
          Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Why 7?
            No idea. You're supposed to do a couple a week so they're giving you three and a half week's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              I ordered my pack of 7 lateral flow tests today. I think it's a rubbish test because the rate of false positives is too high but they're free and may come in handy.

https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus...ral-flow-tests
              Arrived earlier today. Made in China, of course, by Xiamen Biotime Biotechnology Co Ltd.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Arrived earlier today. Made in China, of course, by Xiamen Biotime Biotechnology Co Ltd.
                Just a warning - you may find one or two just don't work at all.....
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Just a warning - you may find one or two just don't work at all.....
                  That's a better result than a false positive.

Comment

covid or no covid , avoid Birmingham

Comment

Working...
                    X