• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

C64

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Board Game Geek
    I bought VB3 or 4 with it but couldn't get my head around VB and modules and stuff. I suppose I liked BASIC for the fact that a program was like a set of train tracks, that started at A and went to Z, and you used GOSUBS and RETURNS to branch off then return to the main tracks.
    Do you actually work with computers? or are you a train driver?

Let's not get on to polymorphism or inheritance then. My instance of Clapham Junction could be entirely different from your Clapham Junction depending on the constructor arguments we provided when we booked our respective tickets.

The only thing we can be sure of is that Clapham Junction is single-threaded and a potential bottle neck.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
      Atari 800
      Atari 130Xe <- Pressy from Ocean Software
      Atari 1040ST
      Amiga 1000 <- Pressy from Ocean Software
      Dragon 32 <- Pressy from Mummy & Daddy
      ZX81
      BBC B <- Bought from proceeds of my first game

Numerous PCs (Was over the moon when I received my first 286 to run Xenix on...)

Various SGI boxes.
      Numerous Sun Workstations.

Couple of Apple Macs

NeXT workstation

And no where in that line-up a basic, honest-to-god Windows box.

NeXT workstation

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Do you actually work with computers? or are you a train driver?
        LOL !

Yeah I've covered everything from low-level builds, server admin, to non-techie IT management, and techie IT management.

I just prefer a logical, structured approached to things and only waste time with lateral thinking when linear thinking reaches a barrier. That approach serves me well, but may not serve everyone. There's no right or wrong way IMHO.
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
        X