• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

C64

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingerjedi
    Anyone still using an Atari ST? I seem to remember that they were good for music due to the midi port which meant they were being used way past most peoples expectations as there was nothing to compare at the price.
    at uni (about 10 years ago) a friend of mine who was heavily into his music had an Atari ST as he could plug his Keyboards (as in music keyboards not typing keyboards) straight in for the MIDI stuff
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

I had a zx81 and the Norwich Union bought be a nice new c64 due to a burst pipe - odd place to leave your computer on the stairs but they paid out all the same.

My borther had the Amiga 1500 (the one with the seperate monitor/base unit etc) It was great for games and battered the 386 sx25 I had bought
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Made my own from a Motorola 6800 evaluation kit (with 1k of static RAM) and then made a Compukit UK-101 with could output B&W video to your telly

Things like ZX81s were pipe-dreams in my youth!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
          ZX80
          ZX81
          Spectrum 16K
          Acorn Atom
          Atari 400
          Atari 800
          Atari 130XL ??
          Atari ST

Programmed them all in various flavours of BASIC and assembler.

Since then it has been PC's all the way.
          DP - Did you ever come out of your bedroom?

Comment

Spectrum
            c64
            Sinclair QL

Still remember the thrill of the first affordable PCS.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy
              Not until he was 37.
              First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Atari 400 (With the membrane keyboard, and Star Raiders the cartridge game)
                Atari 800XL (Where I started programming in BASIC)
                Atari 520STFM (Which I used for music with the in-built MIDI port and programmed in STOS)
                Atari 1040STF
                then, my first PC, a P90 from Dell.

I bought VB3 or 4 with it but couldn't get my head around VB and modules and stuff. I suppose I liked BASIC for the fact that a program was like a set of train tracks, that started at A and went to Z, and you used GOSUBS and RETURNS to branch off then return to the main tracks.

Modules confused me. It was like saying the journey went from A to Z, but stations B-Y didnt necessaily exist on the journey and you called them when needed. I liked the proceedural structure of BASIC, which fitted in with my own logic and understanding of the universe.
                Last edited by Board Game Geek; 6 February 2007, 17:37.
                Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy
                  Only if the door was open. Apparently the bathroom door was opposite!!!

I had a C64 and my favourite game was jammin...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
                    Made my own from a Motorola 6800 evaluation kit (with 1k of static RAM) and then made a Compukit UK-101 with could output B&W video to your telly

Things like ZX81s were pipe-dreams in my youth!
                    6800 were a pipe dream in mine.

I lost my virginity to an ICL 1900. It had 16K Words (24bits) of real magnetic core memory and four tape drives, a card reader and a line printer. None of those new fangled disk or drum drives.
                    Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Atari 800
                      Atari 130Xe <- Pressy from Ocean Software
                      Atari 1040ST
                      Amiga 1000 <- Pressy from Ocean Software
                      Dragon 32 <- Pressy from Mummy & Daddy
                      ZX81
                      BBC B <- Bought from proceeds of my first game

Numerous PCs (Was over the moon when I received my first 286 to run Xenix on...)

Various SGI boxes.
                      Numerous Sun Workstations.

Couple of Apple Macs

NeXT workstation

Comment

Working...
                      X