• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Travelling to Cardiff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac
    I'm surprised, Chelski hardly took any fans on that occasion.
    Yes, well I guess the fans had already shelled out a lot during the season watching CFC win a couple of trophies

You never know, Ashley may make a miraculous recovery & be fit for the final. If not this one, I'd expect him fit for the FA Cup\Champions league finals! Roman may also have surfaced by then!

Shame Billy went really, quality defender.

Anyway, I'll be travelling from Reading station. I had thought about parking up somewhere near to Cardiff & getting the train in I'd guess the main delay getting out is going to be queuing for the station. Once on the train it should be about 1.5 hours journey time.

Comment

Station is next to the ground, its a piece of piss.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Crosby
        Station is next to the ground, its a piece of piss.
        Not sure the queue to get a train will be a piece of piss, but it beats the 2+ hours it took last time just to get out of Cardiff in the car.

I'll book my train tickets later, as long as I can get 1st class

Comment

We were still queing on the M4 past midnight mate and we didnt set off till after 10.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

The last times I went, now let me see....

Two FA Cups
            Charity Sheild

I drove there from London, and arrived at 8am, no problem and parked about 15 minutes walk from the stadium.......then left after the game, not realy any problems at all.......it takes longer to get out of Manchester Utd. or Leeds grounds.....
            SA says;
            Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            (whatever these are)

Comment

If you drive, then park in a side street or NCP close to the ground and then when heading home follow the A48 to Newport and miss the clamour to get on the M4 with all the coaches.

I live in Cardiff and generally have to travel on a Sunday night, so I use this method quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife
                If you drive, then park in a side street or NCP close to the ground and then when heading home follow the A48 to Newport and miss the clamour to get on the M4 with all the coaches.

I live in Cardiff and generally have to travel on a Sunday night, so I use this method quite a bit.
                Okay, I see & get on at J29. Now just have to pick the right parking spot that balances up walking distance to the ground with reasonable exit onto the A48 . . .

Comment

I would follow the Newport route to J24 which is where any traffic heading north will leave the M4 towards M50.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
                    ... look good in tight shorts you are on a winner!!!
                    I didn't know Janey only liked gay blokes ...
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife
                      I would follow the Newport route to J24 which is where any traffic heading north will leave the M4 towards M50.

HTH
                      Thanks. Hmmm, decisions, decisions . . . car or train. Anyone got a coin?

Comment

Working...
                      X