• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Death of outside contracting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers Para,

I do feel like I'm going a bit mad though, I'm saying they already have an Outside determination, that is valid and that was run against this current contract. That makes me OUTSIDE doesnt it - the statement itself even says that, from HMRC - as long as nothing changes and the questions were answered accurately and honestly. There's no grey area and I rather like the fact the client did it off their own back.

It is as you say, the agent is trying to capitalise on the IR35, they've offered a "free IR35 workshop" and has essentially told them some lovely lines like:

You need to use QDOS or a third party as HMRC SDS documents still need validation by a third party to be "totally safe".
    You need to run a Status Determination at least every 12 months, but we recommend 6
    We understand you think you're fine and have done everything required, but lets hold a "free" workshop next Monday to discuss why you may need to rethink.

I'm not fighting my corner, I'm tired anyway, I've not had a break since the pandemic started - I'd rather the agency loses out, after this. What utter cretins.. Honestly.

Just wanted to post here and continue to make it clear, as I can see this becoming more of a problem than IR35 ever was, Agents once again trying to capitalise on fear or uncertainty.

By the way - The SDS reasons for being clear cut are surprising , as you say its:

"You have indicated that you would accept a substitute"
    "You do not have control over this work"

EDITED: Rather than barking on here, just read Cojak's excellent IR35 post, there's enough warning / info in there .
    Last edited by Scoobos; 16 February 2021, 17:01.

Comment

Working...
    X