• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Covid Vaccine fiasco

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Welcome to the real world.
    Well, as if anti-vaxxers needed an actual reason to skip it - usage of vaccine in a way that was not properly tested.

Questionable efficiency too, but I guess if you are in a group where mortality can be 20-30% then it’s worth a shot.

Comment

Think I’ll wait and see first whats side effects it will have on ministrone

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Well, as if anti-vaxxers needed an actual reason to skip it - usage of vaccine in a way that was not properly tested.

Questionable efficiency too, but I guess if you are in a group where mortality can be 20-30% then it’s worth a shot.
        From a safety perspective it will be fine. From an efficacy perspective, I assume there is enough data to inform a decision that within current context, it is better to vaccinate double the number of people with lower efficacy.

Mustn’t let decisions be informed by what nut jobs will say.

Comment

From a safety perspective it will be fine. From an efficacy perspective, I assume there is enough data to inform a decision that within current context, it is better to vaccinate double the number of people with lower efficacy.
          They’d run out of people who will take it voluntarily soon.

I guess Govt does not give a tulip - if death rate is lowered dramatically they will let virus rip through the rest of population - free tickets to packed cinemas where virus will be pumped though the aircons, you’ve heard the real plan on here first...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Think I’ll wait and see first whats side effects it will have on ministrone
            Has it been trialled on end stage alcoholics?

Comment

Has it been trialled on end stage alcoholics?
              Hopefully *hick*

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                It isn't a feck up.

One shot gives a level of immunity that will decrease the number of hospitalisations. This means as many people as possible will get one shot.

It is presumed that manufacturing will continue so people will be able to get their 2nd shot within 3 months.
                Like this poor bugger: https://www.usnews.com/news/top-news...19-vaccine-abc
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

"A nurse in California tested positive for COVID-19 more than a week after receiving Pfizer Inc's vaccine"

One week is obviously not enough, it's not even 100% protection after both shots (+time for them to work)

People might alter their behavior with vaccine shots now and others looking at them would act the same (even without vaccine), new clusterfook is about to happen

Comment

I presume they've checked that half dose isn't like only taking half a prescription of antibiotics, or there will be mutant strains of superbug covid from those only partially treated.

It will mean the people currently thinking they're protected by a bit of cloth over their face are protected after half dose of an as yet unproven vaccine.

Oh well, 2021 looking a lot like 2020 with lockdown mishanding of the public as primary means of controlling the virus. At least the ongong omnishambles means those worried about the vaccine (e.g. those with allergies) can delay until more data is known.
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                      I presume they've checked that half dose isn't like only taking half a prescription of antibiotics, or there will be mutant strains of superbug covid from those only partially treated.

It will mean the people currently thinking they're protected by a bit of cloth over their face are protected after half dose of an as yet unproven vaccine.

Oh well, 2021 looking a lot like 2020 with lockdown mishanding of the public as primary means of controlling the virus. At least the ongong omnishambles means those worried about the vaccine (e.g. those with allergies) can delay until more data is known.
                      I'd be delighted for such people to go to the back of the queue.

Comment

Working...
                      X