• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Russian astronauts smuggled alcohol on orbiting stations by carrying bottles in hollo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russian astronauts smuggled alcohol on orbiting stations by carrying bottles in hollo

"Russian astronauts smuggled alcohol on orbiting stations by carrying bottles in hollowed-out books and losing weight to sneak containers inside their suits in a bid to workaround the ban on booze in space

Alcohol is banned from space because ethanol can damage technology
    But inspectors regularly found caches of booze aboard Russian space stations
    One cosmonaut crash-dieted to stash cognac in his suit and maintain his weight
    NASA astronauts once joined their cosmonauts at a 'cognac party' aboard Mir "

Astronauts have snuck alcohol into space in hollowed-out books and pouches in their spacesuits | Daily Mail Online

Surely getting equipment to distill vodka would have been more efficient and better long term option?

I wonder why no-one is suprised by this

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      I wonder why no-one is suprised by this
      Did you ever smuggle alcohol into a nightclub?
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Did you ever smuggle alcohol into a nightclub?
        No, I don't think I ever did.

That's a long time ago though.

Comment

Coke (white stuff) would be even easier to smuggle and better per KG profit - tourists will pay any price

Comment

Working...
          X