• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who's waiting for Cyberpunk 2077 to unlock?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a great game for sure...

Comment

I want to play

Current set up will not run it!

I had planned on having a shiny new AMD about now, but global stocks on the chips and mobo are non existent!

So now waiting for supply to catch up with demand!
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
        I want to play

Current set up will not run it!

I had planned on having a shiny new AMD about now, but global stocks on the chips and mobo are non existent!

So now waiting for supply to catch up with demand!
        You should have said - I've been supplying people I know at cost rather than dirty spekulant pricing. Got a Palit 3080 arriving next week if you want it €830 and it's yours.

As for Motherboards and CPUs get a B550 and a 3900x at the moment they are way better value than the 5000 series chips - although I've also just sourced a 5800x at £445...
        Last edited by eek; 11 December 2020, 09:07.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          You should have said - I've been supplying people I know at cost rather than dirty spekulant pricing. Got a Palit 3080 arriving next week if you want it €830 and it's yours.

As for Motherboards and CPUs get a B550 and a 3900x at the moment they are way better value than the 5000 series chips - although I've also just sourced a 5800x at £445...
          Thanks for the offer, I am not replacing the GPU, that and the PSU I am keeping as they are decent, my processor is the current bottle neck, not so much fussed about value tbh, so I want to get a 5000 cpu, therefore new mobo, ram etc.

Oh and it’s all x2 as the house rule is we upgrade together

Also on the gpu waiting for real world info on the big navi, I have a nice gsync monitor I don’t want to replace so I need to understand if the gpu is so good that I get an improvement even with losing gsync
          Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
            Thanks for the offer, I am not replacing the GPU, that and the PSU I am keeping as they are decent, my processor is the current bottle neck, not so much fussed about value tbh, so I want to get a 5000 cpu, therefore new mobo, ram etc.

Oh and it’s all x2 as the house rule is we upgrade together

Also on the gpu waiting for real world info on the big navi, I have a nice gsync monitor I don’t want to replace so I need to understand if the gpu is so good that I get an improvement even with losing gsync
            Big Navi is roughly equal to the 3080 but due to complete lack of stock completely impossible to get hold of and so more expensive (I can source a few 3080 cards a week, I've not seen a single 6800XT or 6900XT hit general availability as the numbers arriving are tiny). Also the biggest advantage big navi offers (Smart Access Memory) is coming to Nvidia in a forthcoming driver update as it's just part of the PCI specification that Nvidia offered in titan but not on the consumer drivers.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

You should have said - I've been supplying people I know at cost rather than dirty spekulant pricing. Got a Palit 3080 arriving next week if you want it €830 .
              You are getting soft...

My advice - for 4k defo go Nvidia, for 1080p/1440 AMD might actually have an edge (but not in ray tracing).

Defo go for more than 8 cores - AMD 5950X plus Nvidia 3080 is a sweet combo.

I am holding out upgrade till Zen 4 with DDR5 and next gen Nvidia Hopper

Also for new GPUs you’d need good PSU - 850 watts or better, if you buying new go for 1kw at least
              Last edited by AtW; 11 December 2020, 14:29.

Comment

The game is fooking amazing - not just visuals and open world’s malarkey but just everything combined.

There are some bugs, but in a game that complex it’s impossible not to have them - Skyrim had loads, Fallout 4 also

Comment

Good game. So far.

But the bugs..
                  nomadd liked this post

Comment

Also the biggest advantage big navi offers (Smart Access Memory) is coming to Nvidia in a forthcoming driver update as it's just part of the PCI specification that Nvidia offered in titan but not on the consumer drivers.
                    Ohh did not know that, thanks

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Also for new GPUs you’d need good PSU - 850 watts or better, if you buying new go for 1kw at least
                    Not an issue - current PSU is 1200w - which is why I plan on re-using it
                    Growing old is mandatory
                    Growing up is optional

Comment

I will be waiting until next year. The PS4 and Xbox versions are terrible, with frame rate drops and very empty looking areas with few NPCs.

I will consider PS5 or Xbox series X when the next gen patch drops sometime next year. There is also the problem of limited supplies of both consoles.

PC is an option too, but I still have not found a PC case I like the look of. Big ugly RGB towers most of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X