• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The UK has become the first country in the world to approve the Pfizer/BioNTech jab

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    Again, I am not stating that with a vaccine with so many eyes on it they have done this, but you can only scrutinise what is transparent and this really is SOP for Pharma. Totally agree with the time factor.
    Prizer/Moderna mRNA vaccines will become the most tested vaccines in human history...

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Yes, as separate trial but in this case they simply did not have time to have multiple trials one after another, it’s probably as honest as it gets
    Again, I am not stating that with a vaccine with so many eyes on it they have done this, but you can only scrutinise what is transparent and this really is SOP for Pharma. Totally agree with the time factor.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Sure they can. They can & do run the same trial with a slight modification & report that.

All they have to do is write in the PI sheet that there may be a risk to patients with a history of adverse reactions & the liability is shifted to the prescribing doctor.
    Yes, as separate trial but in this case they simply did not have time to have multiple trials one after another, it’s probably as honest as it gets

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    They can't hide negative stuff that is recorded to have happened in the same trial they use to apply for authorisation.

It is obviously in the interest of pharma to exclude suspect vulnerable groups from trial - ie children, pregnant women and in this case people who had adverse allergic reactions, make sense really, I am 100% certain that was documented in the trial for them to cover their fat pharma arses.
    Sure they can. They can & do run the same trial with a slight modification to exclude the adverse condition & report that.

All they have to do is write in the PI sheet that there may be a risk to patients with a history of adverse reactions & the liability is shifted to the prescribing doctor.

I am not stating that with a vaccine with so many eyes on it they have done this, but you can only scrutinise what is transparent and this really is SOP for Pharma
    Last edited by clearedforlanding; 9 December 2020, 22:28.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Only positive trials have to be reported the regulators. Pharma buries negative trials as commercially confidential IP and as such they don't have to be reported. The FDA & Pharma in the US is a have a revolving door. The UK is complex to say the least.
    They can't hide negative stuff that is recorded to have happened in the same trial they use to apply for authorisation.

It is obviously in the interest of pharma to exclude suspect vulnerable groups from trial - ie children, pregnant women and in this case people who had adverse allergic reactions, make sense really, I am 100% certain that was documented in the trial for them to cover their fat pharma arses.

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    This is the Official thread, best to keep all relevant stuff here

Pfizer is reported to have specifically excluded people with severe allergic reactions from trial - this must have been written down in trial plan, so WTF regulator ignored that? I guess they had to speed read it to get Boris a “win”
    P-value hacking in Pharma is a big rabbit hole. Get this:

Only positive trials have to be reported the regulators. Pharma buries negative trials as commercially confidential IP and as such they don't have to be reported. The FDA & Pharma in the US is a have a revolving door. The UK is complex to say the least.

Winner of the BMJ book of the year and something I recommend to everyone is:

Deadly Medicines and Organised Crime: How Big Pharma Has Corrupted Healthcare: Amazon.co.uk: Gotzsche, Peter: 9781846198847: Books

A book who's opening sentence is "PRESCRIPTION DRUGS ARE THE THIRD LEADING CAUSE OF DEATH AFTER HEART DISEASE AND CANCER" and then goes on to prove it amongst many other things makes for a fascinating read. It really is a good book. The fact that the author is the co-founder of the Cochrane Foundation & the preface is by the editor of the Lancet lend some credence.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    You caught up. True to form.
    This is the Official thread, best to keep all relevant stuff here

Pfizer is reported to have specifically excluded people with severe allergic reactions from trial - this must have been written down in trial plan, so WTF regulator ignored that? I guess they had to speed read it to get Boris a “win”

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    What does his respite care team say about that?
    His designated care nurse Ms Annie Wilkes is on a knife edge waiting, ready to hammer when the time comes

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    It won't be just a month next time

It's been arranged...
    What does his respite care team say about that?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Welcome back. Just wanted to say 'hi' before you get banned again for another month
    It won't be just a month next time

It's been arranged...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X